Thursday, January 04, 2007

Look at the pretty pictures.....

Since I don't seem to be back in full swing blogging mode yet, I present you with a day of pretty pictures. One of these things is not like the other....can you tell which?

The return of the lunches #1



Or breakfast in this case. Egg salad with tiny little toasts, and grape tomatoes. The right side is a fruit salad with clementines, strawberries, and kiwi. I got this nifty little lunch box at a dollar store while in NY. I guess its technically a "tiffin", but I'm no expert as the lunch box classification. All I know...it was ONE dollar and is the perfect size for breakfasts.
The return of the lunches #2

The left is a salad with romaine, snap peas, cucumber, carrots and grape tomatoes. The right is a clementine, almonds, cheddar cheese and parmesean ranch ressing for the salad. I finally got to the farmer's market yesterday and good thing...all that was previously in my fridge was a bendy carrots and some drippy lettuce! Yumyum!


The return of the lunches #3

Little A's lunch which I made in front of her and she was VERY excited about. The left is 2 peanut butter sandwiches on baguette, a little cup of trail mix, a chocolate, and sliced cucumber. That little white thing? A tiny little packet of salt for the cucumbers. The right container is a the same fruit salad as above. Little A was jumping around at the prospect of this lunch.

The coming of the bird...

Isn't this insanely cute? I participated in the B-List Blogger's Ornament exchange organized by Mignon this year. I received this beautiful knitted birdy from Arabella from a frantic USPS man on December 22nd around 4:30pm. Isn't it lovely? Thank you Arabella! I'm sorry I didn't post about it sooner....I suck at blogging lately!

And that's it for today. Stay tuned for more clearing out of the 2006 blogging closet.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Adorable bird!!!

*drool* Why can't I ever make lunches like that?! I took a can of soup and some carrots to work today.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got a "chrissy critter" from friends in Australia (she's from here, he's an Aussie). A kookaburra! But not knitted. But still special because we knitted them a bird mobile of native Australian birds and the bird I did was the kookaburra. VERY funny to watch him over the baby making all the birds talk (they all had different voices and personalities!).

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adorable ornament. And your yummy meals are just the motivation I need to start some serious menu planning and meal packing for the family during the week. My eldest have had school lunches twice this week and I can really tell a difference in their behavior and lethargy. I now have the Wiggles "Fruit Salad" song stuck in my head!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home