Friday, December 22, 2006

Finished Object Friday: Hohoho

Oye. You'd think this would be it, eh? The final one. Well, its not. I actually finished 3 other items, but they need one more felting before they are presentable. I STILL have to sew together my sister's sweater and whip up another lace frame. Have I mentioned that piecing together sweaters is about my least favorite knitting related activity EVER. Seriously, I've had the pieces completely knitted for over a month and still they wait! This also needs some sewing (Little A still loves the ribbon on her blankies, so I have to do that this morning...haha...at work!) but since the knitting is done, I think it counts for finished. Please excuse the fact the the colors harken to the Great Barbie/Care Bear Blender Massacre of 1986.



This is based on that blue swirl blanket that is pictured in MDK and they send you to a site for the pattern? You know the one? Yeah, I saw it and tried it and haven't looked at the picture since. If it's not a complete rip-off (i.e....if I did it wrong!) I'll post the pattern that I made up to achieve the swirly happiness. Better find that book!

Next, I tried the hat pattern that Kat posted in response to my pleading for hat help. It came out REALLY good. I was nervous about felting crochet, but it worked out very nicely. Though you can't tell...it just looks like a very nervous animal curled up on terror on my bed:

I shall attempt to get a better picture. I promise. I really like it though and will probably make myself one in a girlier color.

As mentioned, I also finished my dad's fuzzy feet, two of Chris' bag and a gift that I can't post a picture of. (Wait was that a bad sentence? A dangling something? I never got that one....)

In good mail news, Lisa very generously sent me some more yarny bits for no other reason than her general wonderful-ness! (Ok, I stopped even trying for real words and good sentences.)

And some coffee that smells so good I almost started chewing the beans. Has anyone ever tried to make their own chocolate covered espresso beans? It seems easy and cheap....anyone...anyone?

And that's that. Christmas is a knockin' so this chicky's gotta get rockin'.

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have beautiful, peaceful holidays filled with love and laughter!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

The blanket looks great. Have a great Christmas!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh yeah, I remember that massacre. ;) The blanket turned out well! Althou I don't understand why you are terrorizing small animals on your bed...

I'm dying of curiosity to see how your bags turned out!

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup the hat looks like a quiet animal! Tribble? Wicked blanket colors...but very cool design. Hohoho!!!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blanket! I am fiending for my morning coffee, but as it brews I wanted to see what you've been up to. Will you put that animal, I mean hat, on someone's head for a picture? The yarn balls reminded me that I have a huge pile of yarn here for you too. I probably won't be able to send it until after the new year though. I still don't have a vehicle. A note is going on my white board so I don't forget. If this makes no sense it's because I'm still decaffeinated. Hark, I hear the coffee maker signaling that it's done. Later and have a great weekend.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psst...

You mentioned that you wanted me to be not-quite-so-secret, so here I am, being not-so-secret.

Hope you had a great Christmas!

-Sev D.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your description of the hat and the accompanying photo. They made me giggle.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home