Friday, January 05, 2007

Finished Object Friday: The sweater

I have a couple more things to post, now that it is past Christmas, but I still don't have pictures of them all. But I do have this (though the picture itself sort of sucks):

This was for my sister from Vogue Knitting, Issue number something. It was supposed to have a ruffle on the sleeves as well, but I have seen my sister take the scissors to almost every sleeve ruffle she's ever owned, so I didn't bother because I would've been PRETTY pissed to have her cut off my knitting. And I was right to do so. As I explained this to the group just after she opened it, my brother-in-law remarked, "Oh yeah, she was just cutting apart a brand new shirt LAST night!" She loved it and wore it nearly the whole time I was at her house. It's a really quick knit if your hands can handle the size 15 needles. I had to do it in shifts because they were killing me, but I'm sure this is little more than a day's knitting if done with more ambition that I did it.

I'm having a really hard time getting going today. Sleeeeeepy. For no good damn reason. Tomorrow will be the first moment in my apartment alone since about 2 weeks ago, so I'm excited to sleep take down the Christmas tree, sit on my ass and watch movies work on my thesis, and knit make some tasty morsels for next week's lunches.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you are magic! How do you DO that??? It's beautiful!

I would keep any ruffle you ever made me.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice sweater...is it the one that's orange or red in VK? Out of some big rowan something and kid mohair? I had my eye on that one (amongst about 327 others). So sad I didn't remember how to knit when doing my thesis...might've gotten a lot of knitting done! Instead I painted my housemate's house...the walls wer sponged, ragged, dry brushed, even the tub got painted.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

My hands would break off using those needles! It turned out really well!!

How were the movies? ;)

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am constantly in awe of your ability to knit something that looks like what it's supposed to and have it be the right size too. So cool.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK...it took me a few seconds, add knitters. Add what? I was wondering. Then it hit me, a-d-d. Show's how fast I'm working this afternoon! You should show A the coin kitty, and give it to her with a couple of coins, the big shiny ones. I sent a note to the pattern author (by regular mail! she is not on the internet at all), then LYS owner told me, "OH, HER" and didn't have much good to say. I'm hoping she'll give me permission to put her pattern instructions up on my blog. If not, check for spring 98 IK, and if you can't find that...the pattern is simple enough that you can do it from looking at the pieces.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home