Tuesday, July 17, 2007

McCartney Mania

The other night, I dreamed that I was at a Paul McCartney concert. Near the beginning, there was a drawing. One person in the audience would be Paul McCartney girlfriend, for the concert, or a day, or some other amount of time. That was a prize. I won. Being Paul McCartney's girlfriend for the concert entailed sitting on the stage to watch the concert. Afterward, he gave me a "Lovely to meet you not get me out of here" celeb kiss on the cheek and disappeared. I was quite upset by his departure and so his crew organized a Q&A with a bunch of other groupies where I was supposed to tell them all what it had been like to be Paul McCartney's girlfriend for 3 hours. At first, I thought it was like group therapy, but then I realized that I was expected to be bragging about this glorious event. So I sat, on the stage of a school auditorium and fabricated stories about our AMAZING connection (Umm...yeah...Age of Love rambled in the background of my knitting the other night. Please don't berate me....I swear I didn't watch that disaster of a show on purpose or with any amount of attention!) that sparked the moment I heard my name drawn.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Y'know, I'm not really sad that I can't remember my dreams! ;)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Now that's a strange dream!

12:15 PM  
Blogger knitnzu said...

Hmmmm...I've had a LOT of odd dreams, but not so many about famous people. The other night I was sitting with some of the presidents and Jimmy Carter was there, and his hair was reddish! I told him he looked much younger now than when he was pres. ???what was that about??? My favorite 'famous' person dream is with Wharf (Worf?) of Star Trek, laying on one of those steel examining tables, with an ENORMOUS erection, like a frikn elephant, standing all tall and humoungous. And him glancing at himself and chuckling this deep and odd he-he-he, like he was so satisified with himself!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home