Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Spinning Wheel

Was anyone wondering what happened to the building of the spinning wheel? Well, it turned into renovation of a spinning wheel because my sister bought me this at a flea market:



It cost her a whoping $45. It needs work, to be sure. But in the end, it seemed pretty awesome that I could start out with the basic structure, right there, and build it back into a wonder-spinning wheel. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Send spinners....or woodworkers! I'm hoping to turn it into this (heehee, yup and Ashford Elizabeth):

Hey, at least I'm not trying to turn it into this:

So, I've got ONE thing going for me, right?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mignon said...

Phew! That thing you don't want to turn it into looks like some kind of torture device. What an awesome sister!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Since I will never have that type of talent I will admire your's. Or at least your dreams to turn that spinning wheel back into what it was intended. Wow. Good luck!

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Jmom! (I'm assuming it's Jmom-- I doubt crazy sis would be so thoughtful.)

V, it's beautiful! I can't wait to see what you make with it!

BTW-- my dad has a lathe, and might be able to turn you some pieces if you're missing any...

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A spinning wheel is so romantic. It reminds me of Sleeping Beauty.

I can't wait to see what you make on it.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home