Thursday, September 21, 2006

And now....whoring for yarn.

It's a worthy cause. I promise you.

I hear that some people whore for comments....well....as much as I love comments, they don't keep me warm at night like yarn does.

So, a while back, I was quite obsessed with patchwork. I actually have a picture to post for Dawn, just so she'll know we may have been separated at birth, but I'm slow, of course. I still love it, but lately I've preferred sitting on my couch and knitting to sitting hunched over at the sewing machine. You may have also noticed that I've been making a log-cabin blanket...a concept that was so alluring to me because of its combination of patchwork and knitting. It's coming along nicely, thank you. (I think I have 4-5 more rounds...huge rounds, but still...and the border with I plan on crocheting different sized triangles with the leftovers from the blanket yarn...did that make sense? I really shouldn't blog this early in the morning.)

Anywho, as I logged onto my bloglines this morning I saw a link to this posted over at Yarnharlot. Scroll down to see that blanket. I'm. In. Love. Christmas knitting? What christmas knitting? There is a blanket that needs to live in my house.

No, I'm not asking you to go steal it from The Heathen Housewife. I have sticks of my own, and can make it, I promise. But, though my stash be vast, it be not that vast.

I checked out Shelly's calculations for her sock yarn blocks, but I don't think I have the endurance to go quite that fine. I think I'm going to go for DK weight or lighter yarns...I'll just combine them to get things about right. In adding things up, I think I'll need about 10-12 yards for each block.

And now, the whoring you've all been waiting for. It's a contest of sorts. Send me a 10-12 yard length of any yarn, DK or lighter and I'll throw your name into a hat for a drawing for a $25 gift certificate to Little Knits. The more different lengths of yarn you send, the more entries in your name I'll throw in. Easy, right? Send 5 little samples, get 5 entries! If you want to help me out on this psychotic project, email me at WhoringForYarn AT gmail DOT com. All yarn received by Halloween will be entered for the drawing (and my enduring love). I'll draw the winner on November 1st!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I can probably scrape up some yarn for this! It's SUCH a lovely blanket.

8:19 AM  
Blogger V said...

Yay! Thank you! I'm so dying to start it, I've been combing the office for little remnants!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home