Thursday, September 14, 2006

Random Friday

So, I don't think many of you know, but around my house lately, its all Anatomy and Physiology, all the time. I'm taking an accelerated course this semester...well two...basically jamming both A&P 1 and 2 into one measly semester. So, I find that now I can only think about glands and tissues and muscles and hair follicles and well you get the point. The result? I'm VERY boring. I tell you, I'm even boring myself this past week or so. I prefer my inner chatter to be about knitting or cooking or at the very least, some cutism of Little A's. But...well....my most interesting thought in the past 10 minutes has revolved around killing the buzzing fucking fly in my office and wondering what kind of skin the fly has...he's awfully easy to crush....when I get my papers on him! Grrr. So, if your still there, after the boring award has been graciously received, I present you with some lovely random bits:

Little A may be doing Ok in the boy department. I realized this while watching The Sound of Music with her. While Ralph (Rolph?) was singing his cheez-o song to catapult Leisle into her patriarchal initiation, Little A says, "What an idiot." (Just like you hear it.) Ahh....just what I like to hear.
So I figured, hey! At least she's ahead of semi-fictional 16 year old Austrian girls.

*******************

In other crush news, we had this little conversation last night in the car:

Little A: Crush is going to buy me a pack of yogos.
Mom: Why?
Little A: Because there is a toy in it and he wants me to have the toy.
Mom: Really? Well, that's nice. What kind of toy is it?
Little A: It's a little button that you press and it pops yogos into your mouth.
...
Little A: You know how I like buttons.

Romance at its finest.

****************************

When we were on our vacation, I was reading Katherine of Aragon by Jean Plaidy in her series about the wives of Henry VIII (Mock me if you must, but I'm a sucker for all things Tudor or Arthurian). My epiphany may seem purely coincidental to all of you, but I tell you its true no matter what brought me to it. Are you ready?

Emeril Lagasse is the reincarnation of Henry VIII.

I kid you not. Watch Emeril Live. Try to read the book during the commercials. You'll see JUST what I mean. Then you'll be nuts too.

**********************************

I'm making a log-cabin blanket (like every one else seems to be in the knit-blog universe):

*********************

And the crisp weather is making me all ready to go apple picking.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shel said...

Ahhh, it's so good to hear from you!! Little A is so freaking cute, I love her stories. And what are yogo's???? I don't even know!!! Good luck with school, I know it must be really stressful. The blanket looks very warm and cozy!!! Miss you V!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Your blanket is fun!! It's good to hear from you - and you weren't boring at all. :D

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya know, I was JUST thinking about you this weekend.

A&P 1 AND 2??? Holy crap. My hat off to ya.

My cousin Dan just started a blog, and little did I know, he is also a big knittter (which seeing as he lives in San Diego now, he finds himself sticking out like a sore thumb.) His very first post was "Fun with Yarn" (maybe why I thought of you?)

he is www.sausageking.typepad.com if you're curious--I don't know if you knitters are kind of this tight-knit (heh) community or
(k)not (these are the jokes!)

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Little A write a book one day: "She Just Not Into You...or ANY Nazi" bet it would be a bestseller.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you were worried about Little A and boys. I think she's way ahead of the curve. I'm ashamed to say I thought the relationship (and that song) between Liesle and Rolf was terribly romantic well into my teens. Ugh.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home