Thursday, September 28, 2006

Good mail day

I came home yesterday to find my Knitflix package from Jennifer had arrived! Woo-hoo! I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love receiving packages (who doesn't...I know!). And this was a great one!


Jennifer sent me Benny and Joon, which I've wanted to see for ages, but never got around to it! She also sent that beautiful ball of superwash sock yarn. Could it possible be any prettier?? And the groovy card at the top.

But wait, that is not all!

She also sent me a pink yo-yo, which apparently has something to do with the movie...though I already had to wrestle it from Little A once. So, I don't really think it'll be *my* yo-yo for long. A neat little journal with changeable moods! Some nummy raisinets and that awesome zippery pencil case at the top. Hopefully Jen won't be offended when I (probably this weekend) do a little alteration to that baby and turn it into my dream DPN case! Thanks Jen! It was a GREAT package and I can't wait to watch the movie!

So, as if that wasn't good enough, I also got a little goodie from Chris. That FIRST for my whoring for yarn contest. Thanks Chris!!!



Isn't it pretty? Yeah...It's already in the blanket. Just like I can never wait until I get home to wear a new pair of shoes...Chris's yarn went right into the blanket!

Just so everyone knows, with the contest, you can send any weight from DK all they way down to lace weight...I'll combine them to get the right weight if they are lighter, which makes the whole thing even more fun. It turns out that doubling over sock yarn is just about perfect DK weight. I figured I can throw a lace weight into any that are just a hair shy of being thick enough. It all works. So, pretty please, help! :) I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You're welcome!! Woo-hoo! I was first, I was first!! I think I forgot to tell you that was some of the leftover from the shawl I made my SIL for her wedding...

So, if sending sock yarn, do you actually need about 24 yards, since it has to be doubled?

Looks like a great KnitFlix package. I hope mine arrives today....

10:08 AM  
Blogger V said...

Man, getting a package is such a mood adjuster! I was SO pissy yesterday before I got it! :) I hope you get yours today too!

It's beautiful yarn....do you have a picture of the shawl on your blog?

If you want to send 20-24, you can, but if you want to just send the 10-12, I'll just have it make friends with another length of some other sock yarn. It's all good! :)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yay for packages! Yours brightened my day too. Altering the zipper case for a DPN case is a fabulous idea.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home