Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Knock, knock...anybody home?

Random people walk into my place of work on occasion. Its unnerving because I'm often here alone and we don't expect people to come here. When they open the door, they walk into a huge, dirty ominous looking garage. On one wall are four doors that indicate just a little more civilization than would be found in the rest of the garage.

As people are looking for the office, they begin to try these doors.

The second door is marked "office", they one where I sit, and the only one that is ever unlocked, so where do you think each and every moron who walks in here goes? The 3rd door. Inevitably. They pass right by the 1st and 2nd and try to open the 3rd, locked door. Then the 4th. Then they walk back passed the second door and try the first one. Sometimes, they then leave. The smart ones realize there is one last door and hit the jackpot. Me trapped in income poop.

I'm perplexed by this phenomenon.


And just so you all don't think that I'm done being bitchy....

I'm usually pretty forgiving of cell phone rudeness, considering I partake in many of these behaviors on occasion. BUT the one that really needs to stop is when people get pissed off because you called them on their cell phone at on inconvenient time. Duh. Turn your fucking cell phone off, geniuses, if its a bad time. I got this one from Littls A's dad today. I called him to tell him that there was a change of plans about where he should be picking her up tonight. Yes, very frivolous, I know. It is ghastly unimportant to know where your daughter is. He answers in a huff "I'm in a session." Well!

Fucking retard. Turn off your phone. I'll leave you a message.

But, the classic one was when I was trying to call Little A's dad just after he got his cell phone, but I must've had the number wrong because I got some girl's voicemail. After about 20 minutes, the girl calls me demanding to know who this is. I told her I just dialed her number incorrectly....sorry. And she says, "Well, I was in class when you called and the professor got really pissed that my phone rang!"

Good God. Will the stupidity ever cease? Or at least slow down a little?

7 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

I feel the same way. But I do get irritated about a lot of other cell phone issues as well. The other that really ticks me off is when you are out with a group of friends and one of them whips out the phone to make a call that isn't necessary (i.e. not related to the outing or anything else important). Basically just calling to chit chat. Drives me crazy.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. And your ex is normally so sensible...

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who doesn't screen calls on their cell? That's what the caller id is for. Sheesh.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, if people don't turn their freakin' cells off when they don't want to be interrupted, it's their own damn fault. I would have called that girl back a few times, just to bug her.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no patience for crappy phone manners, and that includes people who answer their phone when they aren't truly available to talk. Especially a cell - you see the number, you don't recognize it or you do but don't want to talk, you hit "silence". How hard is that, really?

10:35 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Fortunately, I haven't encountered that particular cell phone behavior... Whew!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Maybe they're not smart enough to realize there's an "OFF" button? How irritating.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home