Monday, May 15, 2006

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

I would be so much fucking happier if it would fucking stop fucking RAINING. Enough all fucking ready!

Eh hem....and...I'm not usually so worried about these things, but flooding. Great...flooding is supposed to be at its worst tomorrow. I live about 2 blocks from the Charles River and my apartment is 3 feet below the ground level. ACK! If my yarn gets all wet and starts to stank of unwashed farm animals, I'm gonna be PISSED!

In other uninteresting news, I watched a lot of the Brady Bunch this weekend. It may have caused permanent damage. I also obsessed about knitting/crocheting all my plastic grocery bags into real and reusable grocery totes. Obsessed I tell you. And though you may wonder why I would possibly want to knit up nasty plastic bags when I have lovely skeins of Socks That Rock and such sitting in my apartment, all I have to say is this: Turning crap/garbage/shit into something useful and/or beautiful is very appealing to me right now. Imagine that.

And though she didn't tell you all....today is ROO's birthday, so go over and wish her a happy one! She is a wonderfull friend and I'm so glad I've known her for many birthdays. Happy Birthday Roo!!!!! I hope its not raining in NYC!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weather is the same here, but I imagine when you're already feeling down, it sucks even more not to see the sun for 6 days in a row. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the flooding doesn't reach you.
Glad to hear you're doing better V. Hang in there.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, V! Thanks! My birthday's happier already!

(It was raining today, but we haven't been getting nailed like you Massachusetts folks, yet...)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I thought I was the only one watching all the Brady Bunch this weekend!! Aaaahhhh...good times.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I scared Roo a bit because I saw this post in Bloglines this morning but didn't have time to comment. I e-mailed to wish her happy birthday and I'm pretty sure she thought I was psychic!

If you do make grocery bags into reusable ones, could you post a picture? Sounds intriguing to me too. I'm going through two phases simultaneously: the urge to purge and the resistance to throwing anything more in our nation's landfills. This is a difficult situation.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I've long been fascinated by making plastic bags into useful things. There's a pattern somewhere for a rug knitted out of the dang things...

Any sun in sight??

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know you love socks.

have you tried any of the Mountain Colors stuff yet?

omg. yummy heaven.

Ill take a pic of the shawl im doing...its is so delicious.

HANG IN THERE GIRL!!! I hope that rain lets up for you guys up there..it looks BAD!! :-(

*and Id be PISSED if my yarn got wet too. that shyte isn't cheap.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

We are floating here. I'm gonna post pictures. I think My corneas suffered actual damage today with the sun...

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home