Thursday, May 04, 2006

Friday Splat

My thing is languishing. It still looks like this. It will get some new life soon!


Lots of people knew this weeks Movie Tuesday. Yay! :) Spit ball fate reveals Rhonda as this week's winner! Email me your smail mail, and I'll send you a little prizey!


I joined Secret Pal #8 and I guess I'm supposed to post this questionaire on my blog, so here it is!Secret Pal thing...


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like more fine yarns...DK or lighter. Wool, wool blends...but soft. I'm not against synthetic yarn, but I rarely find ones that I really like. I don't really like cotton, or cotton blends.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

A LARGE roll that I made.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Seriously for about a year and a half. I've known how since I was a wee one. I think I'm pretty intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Lavendar

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

For chocolate only (and a lot). Not really for other sweets.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I'd try almost anything DIY once. I built a weaving loom a few years ago, so sometimes I weave. I also crochet and sew quite a bit.

Sadly, I do not spin yet. I feel myself being pulled into the centripital force of the wheel more everyday, but so far I've had to resist because of money and space.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Always a sucker for 80's music. I'm totally out of the loop when it comes to current music so anything I write here will be totally outdated. Like...the Beatles, Tori Amos (she's not outdated yet, is she??), ummm this would be easier if I could remember names of musicians. Classic rock...80's...angry girlie music. :)

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Purples...deep purples and blues.
Not so hip on orange, but I guess it can work in some things.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my daughter, Little A. We have one temperamental cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves and hats - yes
Mittens and ponchos - no

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

That's a hard one. I like to knit socks quite a bit. That's probably my most consistent thing that I like to knit. But I like new things...like when the spiral scarf came into my world...totally had to try that.

13. What are you knitting right now?

I'm attempting to do some major finishing before I start new things....(haha) So, I'm working on an entrelac blanket for Little A, a pair of knee socks, a pair of regular socks - self striping, a tank top, a lace stole, and uh...I dunno...I think there are a couple of other things in the bottom of the basket. I'm hopeless.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yup.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Straight, usually. Thought it depends. Same with the material they are made from. I like lace on bamboo...less slippery, but other things could be on anything.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Nope.

17. How did you learn to knit?

My Gram taught me years and years ago. My sister (and some good books) refreshed my memory.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

There are many crochet squares somewhere in the apartment that were meant to be a blanket. I started this at least 3 years ago, maybe more...

19. What is your favorite holiday?

Apparently I'm a holiday grinch. I can't really think of one I really like that much. I guess Christmas...just for the delight in Little A's eyes.

20. Is there anything that you collect?

Besides yarn? And knitting books? No, I'm not a collector. I just don't have the space in the apartment. Oh, I do have a lot of books....and cookbooks. Is that considered collecting?

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I subscribe to Vogue Knitting. That's it right now. There are many books on my Amazon wishlist. I really like stich guides...because I'm always making something up. I just can't ever do anything according to a set pattern. I love all of those beautiful hand-dyed yarns that are popping up now....Lorna's Laces, Socks that Rock, Koigu, Noro...along those lines.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'm going to learn fair isle soon. I AM.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I LOOOOOAAAVE to knit socks. And I LURV it too. My foot is 9 inches long.

24. When is your birthday? March 21

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i need to test out the ol' sock knitting.

im scerred.

have you tried the turbo's yet? they are lovely...really. bamboo usually swells in my hands.

im a sweaty lass!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angry girlie music. Me too. ;-)

I cracked up when I read about the UFO -- I was all like, huh? Then I remembered the knitting context and figured it out. Duh, me thinking of extra terrestrials again.

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home