Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A Meme I can handle...

I read this one over at Peeve and think it's just the right thing to help my foul mood today.

"List ten things you want/wanted to say to ten random people, but you know you never got to/never will say these things to them. Don’t say who the comment is/was meant for, and use people only once. Don't include anything in your comment that would enable anyone to identify the person."


1. There is no one who has created more meaning and love in my life than you. When I think of how much I love you, it overwhelms me beyond belief. (This one may be cheating...it could be said someday...)

2. I wish you would just acknowledge that you hurt me, stop pretending like you've never done anything wrong in your life. So that, maybe, we could move on and be closer again. I know that you're not perfect and I wish you didn't think that you had to keep trying to convince the world that you are.

3. I wish you understood respect. Really, really understood it.

4. You are the person that made me understand that not all people are fundamentally good. You are evil. Your soul is dark and empty and I hate you more than I could possibly ever express.

5. You treat everyone like shit and all it shows it what a pitiful ass hole you are. I hope you get what you deserve.

6. You need to back off and mind your own business sometimes. I know you interfere because you're protective and love me, but my life is not your life. It's mine to live, whether I fuck it up or succeed beyond my dreams.

7. I wish I hadn't been in my awkward distant teenage years when you died...so that I could've told you how much I loved you.

8. I wish I'd never lost touch with you.

9. I think you need to be medicated before you really harm yourself or someone else.

10. I think you've been posing your whole entire life. And it makes me sad for you because you could've been yourself and you would've been great.


Eh-hemmm...no, I don't have any anger...really....why would you ask?

Anyway...very cathartic. Do it if you're in need of a little benign release.

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

These do sound very cathartic! And I think I could use at least seven of these in my own list. :)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

My question is, except for the ones that seem to be addressed to people no longer with us, why do you feel you can't or won't say these things to the people in question?

1:16 PM  
Blogger V said...

Well that's easy...

1. Sort of do...I'm sure you all can figure out that this is Little A.

2. Tried something similar, pointless, causes more harm than good. Very little works with conflict avoidant people.

3. It would be seen as the ultimate insult...again...more harm than good...better to just try to ease this one in little by little.

4. Why bother? I do NOT and will NOT speak to the evil fucker ever again.

5. I'd get fired.

6. Treading softly on someone I love.

9. Don't speak to anymore...only hear news of....

10. Why say such a thing...who would WANT to hear...hey...I think you sort of wasted your whole life! It's just my lame ass opinion anyway...

So, that's why....

1:42 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

What a great meme. You know, I think it's actually nice that most of the things you've held back are negative because it's suckier if you never told people that are important to you the positive things you feel.

I'm saving this in the memory (meme-ory) bank. Did you feel better after you did it?

5:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What a great post. Wow. I bet you DID feel better after that. I think of each thing you said and the fact that there's a person who's either been in my life or is currently in my life that I could say the same thing to.

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man- if I did this meme I'd probably lose some friends, and my parents would disown me.

I have some pent up stuff, thats fior sure.

I still have no ideas for my thing for the thing along. at least my courses are done now, so I have some time to think again.

12:39 AM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

That is a pretty cool idea. Can't go there though - my MIL's head might explode trying to figure out which ones are directed at her.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this idea. I'll save it for a time when I'm really in need of some catharsis.

3:10 PM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Wow, what an interesting ... not a meme, exactly, a youme? Can I coin a new phrase? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most of these are family members? I just kept trying to figure out who they were while reading them. That's kinda lame, come to think of it. what business is it of mine?

2:13 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Sadly, I DO say these things to people. And I suspect you have more friends than I do...

3:44 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I LOOOOVE this idea! And I really like what you wrote. It's not anger...it's honesty.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home