Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Christmas is coming, the thighs are getting fat.....

Sing along if you would like, but I've got knitting to do!
The next time I concoct a plan that includes that word "every" in ANY part of it, shoot me, please.
I knit EVERY goodie bag for Little A's last birthday party, along with crocheting EVERY kid a set of kitty ears. It was an adventure at the end, and I swore to myself that I would never be that stupid again. WHY? Kids don't need or probably even WANT knitted goodie bags. The kitty ears were different...they all wanted those, but still.
They August went by quite swimmingly. Little trips and visits and all things that usually fill an August. Sometime in September, I became truly stupid again. And said to myself, "I'll knit everyone's Christmas gifts this year!" I thought it the perfect plan. I had an excuse to stash beyond my dreams, knit furiously, and relinquish myself from the torture of the malls. It also seemed perfect because my family doesn't really need anything anymore, or at least not anything that I could afford. We give each other gifts, and it's all just dumb. But my parents won't let go of it and let us draw names, so we're still getting and giving to everyone. Well, I reasoned, my brother certainly needs socks more than a mini-pool table for his desk. He'll USE the socks, and they'll keep him warm in that freezing wasteland he calls Indiana. Same with my crazy sister, and my dad! The kids were easy...puppies, mittens, you name it! I had a plan! I'll knit for everyone! Shoot me please.
Because now, although I've been moving along at quite clip, with (for me) minimal distractions, the only thing there is to do, is knit at the speed of light until December 25th, 6AM. Right before Little A wakes up and finds her mother unconscious, in front of the tree, drooling on the rug, and Santa's gifts, with a knitting needle clutched in her crippled hand.
So I must knit faster to finish:
Little A's Blankie (this is actually crochet)
My crazy sister's socks
Her son's hat
Her daughter's hat and socks (she's got a birthday December 28th!)
JDad's socks
J1's socks
J2's socks
Dad's socks (got 1, still need 1)
MC's chessboard
S's gloves
Roo's something (Roo reads here, I can't SAY!)
T's Washclothes (got 1, still need 1)
B's baby something (still yet to be chosen)
And another something to M & B's baby (which will also not be disclosed since he reads here sometimes!)

You'd think I hadn't even started, wouldn't you?

KNIT FASTER!!!!

Oh, and don't forget to finish those submissions. EECK!

Stay tuned...picture day should be coming tomorrow. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Shel said...

Ummmmm, maybe you should teach Little A to knit and she can help!! lol, nothing like a little child labor!!!

You are a crazy woman, GOOD LUCK!!!

And you better take pics of everything you knit (another thing to add of your list of thing's to do!!"

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home