Monday, October 31, 2005

The end of the story....

The end of this story is funnier if you know or just understand that Cambridge, MA is a labyrinth of one way streets, oblivious pedestrians and bikers, and cobblestone hell. The only way I've ever gotten to any specific location in Cambridge, in my 10+ years of living here is through pure magic. (And it was just dumb luck that I had those spells!)
So we got to the counter and did the silly notary thing. Then I asked the clerk, "Can we get divorce papers here?"
"No, you have to go to the Cambridge courthouse to get those," she responded.
"CAMBRIDGE??" I said incredulously. "I have to DRIVE to CAMBRIDGE? That's worse than the divorce."
She didn't seem to think it was funny.
But then, driving in Cambridge really is no laughing matter.

4 Comments:

Blogger V said...

Nope! I guess she thought I was some jerk-off that didn't take it all seriously. I'd been seperated for 2 1/2 years by then! Not really in the seriously emotional stage by then, yuh know???

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe forcing separated couples to drive into the wilds of Cambridge for divorce papers is part of a nefarious Republican plan to defend marriage.

After all, Massachusetts conservatives aren't making much headway protecting us all from the evil influence of gays in committed relationships...

8:36 AM  
Blogger V said...

Lol roo! Though it is a little tough to imagine that CAMBRIDGE, of all places would be part of a republican conspiracy though, isn't it? But then, they often aren't so big on getting the big picture, eh?

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The unexpected is all part of the plan..

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home