Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Lucky number 7

I've figured out what makes seven such a lucky number. It's because the age of seven is the happiest and sweetest time in one's life. Seven is the primest of numbers. It's the time when you start to "get it" but you don't have the attitude and hormones of the years to come. It's before school gets hard and almost everything is fun, in someway.
I've always gotten along well with seven year olds, and now that my sweet Little A is seven, she's just nearing some kind of buddha like perfection. She's curious, funny, kind, smart, clever, sweet, sensitive, easy-going, creative, even tempered, and probably 50 some other wonderful qualities that I can't even think of. I love to watch her mind work. I love to see her piece things together. I love that (though it kills me to see her cry) she cried when Wallace almost died in Wallace and Gromit and that she won't recommend March of the Penguins to anyone because its just too sad when the penguins die. I love to hear her read fairy books and road signs, becoming ever more aware of the world around her but still fully existing in one where magic is a given. I love that she'll turn down M&M's if I offer her raspberries. I love that she never wants anyone to feel left out of anything (even if you want to be left out of the most recent spell of My Little Pony). I love that she thinks farting is the most hysterical thing in the world. And most of all, I love that she is so full of love. She doesn't play favorites or take sides. She just loves everyone with all of her heart.
Little A is amazing, and I wish I could capture this time in her life and replay it over and over again in my head. For those hard days when she's annoyed by my motherly control, for those far worse days when someone breaks her beautiful heart and I don't have the right words to fix it anymore and I have to see her fight and sometimes lose her own battles. And all I can hope is that she remembers this time too. That she'll remember that it's fun to be curious and that its possible to talk to her mom. That she'll remember how to be happy when she's a sullen teenager. And I hope more than anything that she'll always remember, deep in her soul that she is loved with absolutely no conditions and will always be.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shel said...

OMG. V, you have ME crying too now!! Pass over the bottle of.... what are we drinking? ;-) Great Great entry!!!!

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little A has had my heart in her hand ever since she toddled up to me and giggled as she smashed graham crackers into my mouth.

She's getting so big. But you can still see that baby in her.

12:00 AM  
Blogger V said...

Thanks girls! She really is just amazing! And gets better everyday....I always am thinking, "This must be it....she must be as good as she'll get..." And then she just pulls something out to enchant me even more. Last night I told her we could read a "long" story because she had gotten ready for bed so quick. So she brought in the TREASURY of Curious George with a big goofy grin on her face. Lol...crazy kid!

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home