Friday, February 02, 2007

FOF: Not. Instead......

I'm sure that many of you may think that I gave up on the whole mitered square blanket thing, yes? No mention, no picture for months. It's true. Christmas knitting killed it for quite some time. I've only worked on it a little this month, maybe 15 or 20 squares, but here it is:


I still haven't even decided how wide to make it. I'm thinking maybe 2 or 3 more squares. I want it to be pretty sizable....big enough to cover my bed when I want it to. I work on it really sporadically just because its such a huge project, I've come to terms with the complete undefinability of its completion date. So when it strikes me, I do it. It's my current perma-wip. Wow...that sounds sort of kinky, doesn't it?
And that's it for today. I had 4 hours of sleep of Wednesday night and 5 last night. This may be okay for SOMEONE out there. But it is SO not okay for me. I can't even come up with a cleverish analogy for how I feel...its that bad. And I'm telling you this after my Friday Triple Venti. My desk has never looked so comfy. (Actually it has...I've fallen asleep at work several times. Dicey. Especially when I wake up to someone opening up the door and they get my "Where the fuck am I???" face.)
Edited to add: Duh! I do sort of have a finished object! My kmks partner, Annash, finally got her package way over in Finland, so you can click here to see the bag I made out of a felted sweater. And I have another great package from my wonderful SP9 to post, but clearly I'm not coherent enough to do it justice today! Sleeply lame ass signing off.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

The blanket is looking great. I hope you get some sleep soon.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, hey, I just lost the comment I had for you! That blanket looks great. I love the idea of a perma wip. Maybe it should wrap up your favorite kinky toy? I just read your yesterday post, and here's a wild story. I do count myself christian, but not in the church going tell anybody else what to do or what to believe sort of way. It all happened because christ had sex w/ me (in a dream...ok now I sound whacked). Not sexual, but VERY intense. He said "relax, receive me" as in don't let your head get in the way of your heart. But this isn't to say I have ANY thought that the CHurch is any kind of good thing...they have done so much bad in the world and continue to do so. I gotta think, if we all lived by christ's law "to love one another", we'd all be better off. I am so far out on the limb that I am hanging out w/ the secular humanists and pagans! Umm...hope you're still hanging out w/ me on the blog!

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Accents-Oh, and I grew up saying "draw" for drawer. And who can know the other ways in which I was twisted. Gads! As I was thinking of the word and twisted came out, I looked out the window to see if it is still snowing (yes) and the streetlight went OUT. It comes and goes. It's trying to come now (ooohh...). We've TOLD dept of transp. about it, and they came out and put up a guy in the cherry picker, but the light still misbehaves. You watching football on Sunday?

9:43 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love the blanket! It's particularly fun to look for squares to which I contributed! :D

And the swap kit you sent was wonderful - particuarly the bag.

I hope you are asleep right now.:)

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hair, yup that IS some hair...but wait until you see some of the other do's...mmmmm hmmmm. I was looking at some old pictures of me a few years ago and asked my mom why she never let my hair grow long when I was very little and she might have had some say (like the photos where I was in a dress). Her response? "Because you were always bitching to me that it was bothering you". So, she LITERALLY put a bowl on my head and snip snip snip. It's on the longish side now, maybe all of 5 inches. I do still like it best short.

3:35 PM  
Blogger noricum said...

I'm still working on mine too. :)

I just had the urge to check out how others are doing on theirs, and yours is the first knit-alonger that I've found recent activity. I wonder if some of the others have finished already? I love how Shelly's blankie is turning out!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home