Thursday, February 01, 2007

A really good way to piss me off?

Suggest, or even better, INSIST that I take Little A to church after I tell you that I am not a christian. Because, yuh know, I guess I should save her from my heathen ways.

Hello? Are you listening? I DO NOT BELIEVE IT. And if I'm going to save her from anything, I'd rather save her from organized religion. But thanks for your righteous advice. It was really helpful, really. Maybe next time, we can discuss patriarchy.

So if you still need to piss me off some more? Say it again. Go ahead. I dare you.

This has happened to me more than once in the past couple of years. I cannot understand how anyone can be so wrapped up in their own beliefs that they don't even seem to comprehend not believing. Instead, they think I'm sitting around waiting for them all to save me. And to save Little A, apparently.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate it when people do that.

9:03 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Yeah, that'd piss me off too.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Laural Dawn said...

I read your blog all the time - but never comment (I suck at commenting) but this struck a chord. We've been going through the church debate ever since we took our toddler to a Christmas Eve service and he became obsessed with Baby Jesus. And, when a two year old begs to go to church - what else do you do???
I hate organized religion too. Bad experiences. And so not into introducing my child to what I dealt with. But I especially hate it when people try to tell me to go. HATE THAT!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A favorite bumper sticker seen on a vehicle in Portland:
"I don't mind God, I just don't like his fan club."

9:14 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

That pisses me off too. As if that makes you or your daughter less of a person. Ridiculous. Most of the "Christians" I've known, who go to church and are "saved", don't act like Christians anyway.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home