Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Finished Object Friday, the Wrong Day Edition

I will not be back in blogging territory until Monday, so here's an early finished object for you:



I'm sorry about the slightly retarded picture, but it was still drying when I took the picture yesterday morning. I'll definitely get a better picture later or when it's gifted.

That's the last pattern in Amazing Crochet Lace, made from chenille that I bought at Webs a million years ago. It is for my mom and I'm pretty sure that she will love love love it. I sort of detested crocheting with the chenille, but the shawl itself went incredibly fast, like two days fast. I think I'll probably make another one for myself after the holidays out of a silk/wool blend maybe. I may also do another repeat of the pattern because I think I would like it a bit bigger.

The book is ok. This pattern and the one shown on the cover are the only ones that really appeal to me. I have no idea why people don't give up on the "hip" crochet wearables. Crocheted lace or blankets are beautiful, but I see no need to make a crocheted sweater that looks like a knit sweater that crawled up an antelope's butt and died. There's just no need for that.

Yesterday, I spent the day here:

Can you guess? It's the Mayflower. I was stupid enough nice enough to chaperone Little A's class on a field trip to the Mayflower and to Plimouth Plantation:

And that, my friends, is basically the extent of the pictures because of the Bratty McBratterson who kept running away from our stupid little group. I actually thought I had lost him a couple of times. Yup, Happy Thanksgiving Mr. and Mrs. Bratterson, I lost your son.

Needless to say, it was a very loud, taxing day. And not just for me. When Little A and I got home, we had a snack and then decided to cuddle in bed for a while, and we both fell dead asleep for an hour and a half. (Little A, even a little longer.) While that may not seem like the most shocking news ever, let me put it in perspective for you...Little A has not slept in the middle of the day, even the few times she's been sick, since she was THREE. She woke up and said, "Your bed sure is comfy Mom!"

So there, I am thankful for my comfy bed.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

That shawl is beautiful! And you are a braver person than I to chaperone a group of children anywhere.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, gorgeous shawl!! 2 days?!

I'm probably going to have nightmares about that field trip.

Have a great holiday!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

That shawl is beautiful! Usually it's my kids that run away on the field trips and put everyone into a panic. They take after their father. Happy Thanksgiving!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! You crochet too??? The shawl is very lovely! I substitute taught a couple years ago, the kindergarteners about KILLED me. Can you say 5 Bratty McBrattersons and one SuperIssueBrattina. On top of all that (oh I can feel the angst talking about even now!) while I was on the phone to the secretary saying I was sending up a boy who pooped in his pants, Brattina hauled off and punched the drama queen. Give me those hardass bad mouthed middleschoolers any day. At least they KNOW they are trying to yank your chain. I've never been to plimouth plantation or the mayflower. Too far from the north shore. And, the kicker? My relatives really DID come over on the boat...Miles is something like my 13th great grandfather. Bunch of inbred religious nuts...I mean who was left after that first winter. Couple of natives in the mix, they hadn't yet succumbed to the diseases I guess. OK, enough.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That shawl is freakin' gawjis!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home