Thursday, November 09, 2006

Catching up on Questions

I have a questionnaire to catch up on, so today may seem a little dull for you non-knitters, and frankly not that thrilling for you knitters either. But for my swap buddy? It's da bomb. (Right.)

I currently have no good batteries in my camera which makes me REALLY sad because, DAMN, did I pack some nummy lunches this week. Little A came to work with my on Tuesday and opted out of Taco Bell and Dunkin Donuts so that she could have BOTH a breakfast and lunch packed by ME! Now, that, I didn't expect. I know she likes them. But to opt out of even one of those places would have been amazing, but BOTH? I felt like a good mother for like 10 seconds....yuh know until I lost my patience with her sprawling hallway mess. (Can someone please explain this hallway thing to me? She's 8. I've have EIGHT years and I still don't get why she has to drag all of her things into the HALLWAY to play, even when her room is clean enough to play in there.)

Ok, I WAS talking about batteries. I have to get them tonight, because I've got a whopper of a finished object friday coming at you. Soon, you will know that I am kicking Christmas' ass this year. I know I should say that quieter before Christmas spins around and starts bashing me in the head with trees and other assorted blunt objects, but today, I tell you...I'm kicking ass.

Anyway, onto unfinished business.

The Knit Mitt Kit Swap questionnaire:

Are you allergic to any fibers?

No, not that I know of, but even slightly itchy wool makes me really itchy. I think that's more of a sensitivity rather than an allergy?

What are your favorite colors?

Deep, rich colors....reds, purples, blues, greens.

Are you a new mitt knitter?

I've knit a few pairs of mitts. Not a ton, but enough to know how quick and fun they are.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?

Usually multi-colored, but it depends on the project.

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn?

Wool or alpaca. I live north. Send warmth!

Where do you usually knit mittens?

Where? Uh. Everywhere that I would normally knit, which basically means everywhere.

How do you usually carry/store small projects?

I have approximately 6, 578 bags that I rotate through. I had a problem with bags.

What are your favorite mitten patterns?

I've been knitting a lot of convertible mitts this Christmas season and I like those a lot, but I think the pattern could use a little tweeking. I also like fingerless glove patterns.

What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques?

Hmmm....I'm thinking I haven't knit enough mitts to know different "techniques" since so far my favorite technique is: Get yarn, get needles, get acceptable pattern, sit, knit.

What new techniques would you like to try?

Yes, I like new techniques (Are you getting the feeling that I'm not awake enough for these questions?)

What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens?

DPN's...Probably around 3-5 in size. I don't like them too bulky.

What are some of your favorite yarns?

Favorite? That's like choosing my favorite child, which is actually a little easier since I only have ONE child. I like Mountain Colors, Lorna's Laces, Noro, Socks that Rock...yuh know the yarn that you're saying "Yeah, who doesn't love that?"

What yarn do you totally covet?

I'm gonna need some of that Koigu soon. Everytime I see it, my heart skips a beat.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?

Oh good lord.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?

I'm not too picky on the brand. I like pointy and metal the best, but prefer wood or bamboo for a few things. Straights, circs, dpns....bring 'em on.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?

Something that's all tangled inside, that's for sure. You'd spend hours trying to sort out my innards.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?

I definitely appreciate good dark chocolate or salty snacks.

What’s your favorite animal?

Meow.

Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts?

I really like both ends of the spectrum. Its really cold here in the winter so super warm ones would certainly come in handy, but then the office never heats well enough, so fingerless gloves are always useful as well.

If you were a color what color would you be?

This early in the morning? Gray. Dull lifeless gray. Otherwise maybe a deep green.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?

Blossoms. Spring blossoms always make me a little over emotional. I think towards the end of winter, part of me doesn't REALLYbelievee that life is coming back, so when it does.....

Do you have a wishlist?

Yes, on Amazon, under my name.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I would pick lunches made by you over fast food any day!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're log cabin blanket is beautiful! I've been debating starting one of these, but haven't been able to decide yet what weight of yarn I want to use, or how I would get enough to make a whole blanket.

That many bags! How am I ever going to make a bag that is going to stand out? I think I'm going to need more info about your bags and what you like. I'm looking forward to getting your mitt kit together. :)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Shel said...

Kailee comes home from school and does her home work right there on the kitchen floor by the door, next to the shoes and it drives me nuts!! She wants to get it done first thing so she can go and relax. She has a nice desk in her room that is usually all cleaned off. These last few weeks I've really had to encourage her to go and use her desk!! I use posture as an excuse. When she was little she would drag all her toys from the bedroom to the kitchen floor to play also. I think she just wants to be close to Mommy!! :-)

12:09 PM  
Blogger V said...

Hi Mitt Swap Partner! That blanket started out as a stash busting blanket. I really had no plan and would just choose yarn out of the stash as it pleased me. Very fun! I highly recommend it! BTW...I tried to email you back after you sent that cute card, but it came back to me. :( I just wanted to say hi and thanks! :)

SO...Haha! Well, I guess its good that she wants to get it done right away!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home