Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election Night Thank You's

I've always wanted to give one of these speeches. One of those "Thank you friends and family, for making me way better than you" sort of speeches. But so far it hasn't been in the cards. I hear my Grammy for most lyrics confused or deleted is still in the works.

I do have a big thank you, today though. A BIG THANK YOU.

Thank you, dear New Hampshire, for finally getting with the program. Thank you to all the Massachusetts folks who moved north and educated the masses that New Hampshire is the middle of our lovely blue New England and not, in fact, an appendage of Utah. Your red slash across New England made me very sad, very hurt, many, many times. Because you could elect Dubya, not once, but TWICE, I thought you may be a lost cause. But today, I say thank you New Hampshire, for coming to terms with your inner blueness.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yay!!!!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Shel said...

Ha ha, this post made me laugh.

But yeah, what was up with NH all those years?? Geeesh.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here, here. (general applause)

I always wondered how it survived all those years surrounded by Vermont and Maine (who both regularly elect Independent candidates) and us crazy liberals here in Mass.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bwahahahaha. Here's my stereotype of NH (sorry if this offends, I know it isn't, well, always true)...white trailer trash on sandy lots with big hair, except the guys, kind of greasy and tatooed, but not in a nice way. Oh, and can you talk? Kind of describes my sister in law, oops did I say that? She tries, but she has so much uphill work. And I'm not sure she's from NH, it's someplace in Mass.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home