Friday, November 17, 2006

Finished Object Friday: Postponed

I do have one today, sort of. I forgot my darning needle to weave in the rest of the ends, so it looks a little stupid. I think it should wait. But as an added bonus, I plan to have a finished object on Monday and Wednesday next week. I won't be in work on Friday, and that pretty much kills my blogging, so this Friday is Monday and next Friday is Wednesday. Got that?

If you haven't already, stop on over and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Chris today! She rocks...and she gives away things for her own birthday. How can yuh not love her?

Yesterday I woke up to a 15 minute stomach flu. Dude. Not so bad time-wise, but it kicked my ass the way that hot-sweaty-need-to-throw-up-and-poop-at-the-same-time-and-you-can't-choose-because-its-nearly-impossible-to-keep-yourself-from-not-passing-out-on-the-bathroom-floor kind of ass-kicking. If I could've just taken a wee little nappy afterward, I think I would've been fine, but I had to haul me arse into work once I realized that I wouldn't pass out while driving. So, I was useless yesterday. Utterly useless.

Until I had some bong coffee with my friend M. Bong coffee is an exceptionally strong brew they make in their house made in a bong that looks a lot like this:

See. Coffee bong. Actually hers is not that brand and looks even more like a bong, but I'm not obsessive enough to keep looking for a picture.

After that, we decided it was time to finally weather Cambridge and check out Mind's Eye Yarns, which I've been meaning to do forEVER. I blame my weakened state for my weakened resolve. I was sick! Really! Yes, I bought things. Good things. Most of which you will either see very soon as finished objects, or you will not see for a very long time because they are for various swap partners. You shall love me, swap buddies, I promise!

I did not, however, plastic a spinning wheel. Yet. Though I REALLY wanted to, especially when the owner (crap...I forgot her name....I suck with names) called antique wheels (such as the one sitting in my living room) "a series of heartbreaks waiting to happen." Boy, there was a dose of optimism if I ever heard one. But I have a feeling if she actually saw my wheel, she would've left off the "waiting to happen." And so between that, and the brilliant shining Ashford Joy sitting about 2 feet from the doorway that I looked at for the majority of time I was there, you must realize that I REALLY did practice some restraint. I took her card, so that I could schedule a couple of lessons. I figured it might be wise to learn a little more before I drop more than $500 on a wheel. Genius, I know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Hee, a coffee bong. The name seems appropriate for us die-hard coffee fans. Sorry to hear that you were under the weather, but I'm glad to hear about the yarn store trip cheering you up. I have a couple of swap questions for you. Is there any particular yarn weight you desire or project that you are wanting to do? Also, are you vegan or ova-lacto (can't remember correct term) vegetarian? Inquiring minds want to know! Okay, so I want to know. Have a great weekend.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Aw, thanks!!! :)

Hee hee - coffee bong. Excellent. Mmmm...

Sorry to hear you had a stomach bug/flu of whatever duration. Hate that. Hope you're feeling better now.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I didn't know the still made those coffee makers! I had one almost 20 years ago, and it was then about 20 years old, cheap at the goodwill...a vacuum coffee maker of some sort, aluminum, or chrome, very space age. Good choice on the spinning wheel. I understand it is yet another obsession to get involved with. We went to the "philadelphia" dog show today in Harrisburg. They televise it (at least here) on Thanksgiving. Pretty entertaining. I kept showing all these breed owners a picture on my camera of Zuzu!!! The most unusual dog I saw? Black Russian Terrier, a big dog that I thought was a giant schnauzer...it was bred to take down a man...from the Russian gulags. Not exactly what I'm looking for in a pet for my family, but a good dog if well trained.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home