Monday, November 27, 2006

Belch.....ahhhhh.....

There. That one is done.

Holidays make me REALLY tired. And I had a screaming fight with N last night, in my dreams, so waking up this morning was a little challenging.

It is now time to begin Christmas delusions. I wrote up my still-need-to-finish knitting list yesterday, and while I think I have a pretty good grasp on things, this is the time for it to all fall apart, what with extra holiday events here and there to completely throw me off. Not to mention I've got a growing pile of things I want to knit that are not Christmas related. If this pile falls on me, and you find me secretly knitting a shawl, or scarf, or socks for myself, well...there will be no hope. Just cover me back up and head home.

The J squad (my sister and her family) were out visiting. It was fun and generally relaxing. After my sister and I had made up our standard menu that I was utterly unenthusiastic about, I convinced her that we should go tapas style. And it was the best dinner we've made yet. And so, to answer the question asked to us by all who get the chance, this is what some vegetarians ate for Thanksgiving dinner:

Cheese Fondue with apples, pears and grapes (and anything else that warranted cheesing)
Fried Chipolini Onions (ala Mario Batali)
Roasted Asparagus
Sauteed Portobello Mushrooms
Black Berry and Raspberry Salad
Spicey Tomatoes with Goat Cheese
Falafel (Sort of....also ala Mario Batali, but they were not traditional falafel that you think of)
Spinach strudel
Spicey potatoes with garlic mayonnaise
Deviled eggs
Roasted sweet potatoes
Cucumber, Avocado, and Tomato salad
Roasted chestnuts
Foccaccia
Hearty 7-grain bread

We were full. Needless to say, but its true. Though it looks insane, it was really quite easy and fun to prepare and took about 3-4 hours, total.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heide said...

Your menu sounds fabulous! Don't push yourself with the holiday knitting (here's the pot calling the kettle black). I'll be mailing your package today if all goes well. Once again you've inspired my dinner plans. I'm thinking some falafel and a mixed spinach salad sounds good!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sounds like a really tasty meal!! Good luck with the holiday knitting.............................

10:34 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Your Thanksgiving meal sounds yummy, and certainly better for you than the traditional meal I had. (Although it sure was good)

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home