Monday, October 16, 2006

Post #178.

The funny thing about accelerated classes? Finals week comes REALLY soon after midterm week. I have many things to write, but today, just a Little A lunchy to distract you from my procrastination.



The lunch itself was a little dull, so I tried to jazz it up, Buffalo, NY style. Yup, snowflake sandwiches...one already seemed to have a run-in with sandwich amputation. Raspberries and pomegranate (one pomegranate really goes a long way). A "salad" with balsamic vinaigrette in the bunch of grapes. (I threw a couple of carrots in after the picture...eee gads! How dare I put carrots in the salad! We'll see how that goes over.) And a Now-n-Later. Just for fun. I don't even know if they'll let her have it at the school. I like to give her little treats sometimes, but I know she's mentioned various randomly applied rules in the past. Its odd to me that she wouldn't be allowed one little treat like that after a healthy lunch when a lot of the other kids eat nothing but crap for lunch. (Bologna sandwich, cheetos and cookies, anyone? Right, that Now n Later is MUCH worse.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

It's good I don't live by you, because I would so be stealing her lunches!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but I'd get them before you give them to her. And I somehow forgot about these awesome lunches you provide, so my offer for lunch may be a dissapointment, though it surely won't be bolagna.

12:29 PM  
Blogger V said...

My mom always packed me a half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a gigantic bag of cheetos and a Little Debbie snackcake. EVERY day. And I survived. Though it was a little bit of a challenge figuring out healthy meals after that sort of indoctrination! :) I'm sure Little A will grow up thinking I had a perverse obsession with her lunches!

So, I'm sure you're one (or six hundred) up on my mom Lisa!

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the coolest mom ever.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Shel said...

Hey. Today I packed Kailee a bologna sandwich, pizza flavored pringles, a chocolate pudding and a big bottle of water!!!

:-P

Now A's lunch looks much better to ME, but Kailee would toss it in the trash. She informed me the other day that she throws out most of her sandwich because it's too much food. Uh, what about the chips and pudding my dear?

I told Brooke to never let baby Gracie know that spaghettio's, mac-n-cheese, bologna and chips and pudding exist. It's makes feeding them so much easier in the long run.

Oh, her new addiction is apples and peanutbutter. That is her one fruit a day... sigh.... I am never going to get the mother of the year award.

9:53 AM  
Blogger V said...

Thanks TB and SO.

But SO....OCD about lunches does not a good mother make. You are a WONDERFUL mother and we all know it!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Shel said...

Yes, but you are enforcing healthy eating habits. In this day and age that is a very important lesson to be taught!!

:-)

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home