Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Its mid-term week at the A&P Corral & SP9 questionnaire

Fun. It means lots of bones and muscles and very little time for blogging!

But I wanted to thank you all for your comments about the Little A-Dad situation. I've been thinking about them a lot, and will post again soon about it all. It's very up and down. Somedays it seems like everything is fine, other days....

Whoring for yarn has really slowed down. Please send knitters...you know the ones...those who don't understand the term "waste yarn" would be best since that basically what I need! :) And thank you again to Chris and Lisa who already graced my little blanket with their yarn!

I need to post my questionnaire for Secret Pal #9 questionnaire, so I'd thought I'd try to pop it in here quick.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like wool, silk, or blends of those...even with my non-preferred fibers. I'm not a big fan of acrylic or cotton, but like I said, blends can be nice. I just like them soft.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

A HUGE roll I made a year or so ago. I had gotten a couple huge lots of needles from eBay so I needed something that was up to the task.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

My grandma taught me to knit when I was a wee one, and I picked it back up about 2 years ago. I've been crocheting all along, since I was about 6. I'd say I'm pretty intermediate. I know quite a few things, but have OH-SO-MUCH left to learn! Yay...my favorite part is learning new things. Much to the dismay of many anal knitters, I tend to be a bit of a "whatever" knitter. If something doesn't work, I'd rather work around that, or turn it into something else rather than pull it out. I'm trying to become a better "fixer" of my knitting.

4. Do you have an Amazon wish list?

Yes, its under my name.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

lavender all the way. I'm attempting to make my house exude lavender with Mrs. Meyers cleaners. It would help if I cleaned more!

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Just for chocolate. The darker the better!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

An interesting combination of questions...I'm attempting to renovate a spinning wheel that my sister got me at a flea market. After that (hopefully!) I will spin. I built a weaving loom a couple of years ago so I do that sometimes. And I sew...mostly patchwork type of stuff.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like a lot of music...you're generally safe if you don't send country or gansta rap.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Purple...deep, dark purple is my favorite. I like most colors...usually more muted tones...for instance, I'd like cadet blue way more than royal blue.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my lovely 8 year old daughter and one kitty.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear scarves and hats. Rarely mittens, and never ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks and bags. I need some gratification! I'd try knitting almost anything though.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Oh good lord. Ummm...3 pairs of socks, 2 blankets, 2 different bags, 2 or 3 shawls, a sweater for Little A, a sweater for my sister, and honestly who knows what else! I have a startitis problem.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes ma'am.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

No plastic. Otherwise I'm easy. I like them pointy. Straight or circular depends on the project.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Not yet and not yet.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

A crochet granny square afghan that I started....uh...really long ago. I can't even really remember anymore. 5 years? Maybe?

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas. Though I'm not above bitching about it when it starts to stress me out.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

I like cookbooks. Well, I like books. Let's just leave it at that. I don't collect much besides yarn and books. I have a small apartment and don't want to sacrifice the yarn space!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I subscribe to Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits. I'd like to get Interweave Crochet. There are things on my Amazon wishlist. I'm not looking for anything REALLY specific in the way of patterns.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'm determine to learn fairisle. Soon. Before I turn 31.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes, I love to knit socks. My foot is 9" long.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

March 21. First day of spring! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I just have to get sufficiently organized to send you some more. :)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Boy did I learn a lot from that one! (You talented people usually just confuse me.)

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home