Friday, October 13, 2006

Finished Object Friday Numero Uno

Presenting convertible mittens for Little A:




Pop back the mitten flap and you have:



These were made with Lorna's Laces yarn. I believe the label said "super sport" but it felt like sock yarn to me. The color is Child's Play. It was really nice yarn to work with and knit up like lightening. I think if you had this yarn with a pair of addi turbos, you could do some serious damage to a project in an afternoon. It's also very soft (a requirement for anything made for little A).

You'll probably be seeing a lot of these convertible mitts this Christmas season as I intend to make them for several of the boys in the family. I convinced by nephews of the utter coolness of these gloves by demonstrating (think mime here...I did NOT actually demonstrate this!) that you could make a snowball and then pop the top off and pick your nose. I may have finally found the key to knitting for boys...turn your lovely creations into something horribly disgusting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

They're really cute! Are the fingers and thumbs from the same yarn? They look so different.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Those convertible mittens are so cute! I am very impressed!

:) Jody - SP9 hostess

11:27 PM  
Blogger V said...

Thanks! :)

Yup...it is the same yarn...the varigation just went all stripey when there were so few stitches. The photo really accentuates it though...it doesn't look nearly so drastic in real life.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home