Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Movie Tuesday

As a reward to everyone who suffered through yesterday's disgusting post, I've got a little surprise. I can't promise that it will be every Tuesday because, well....I'm inconsistent. You might as well know that now. But there's a store in my town that sells a whole lot of odd shit. One of their specialties is weird/random stills from movies sold at a nice affordable rate. Which would be...cheap. As you all may know, I'm somewhat helpless when it comes to movies....just ask Roo for further verification. How many times has she mentioned an actress....(blank stare from V)....named a very famous movie she was in....(more blank stare)....named like 25 more movies she was in hoping to get a hit SOMEWHERE....(DUH). Yeah, I'm not so good with the celebrity names or movies. So it makes no sense at all that I would have Movie Tuesday, except for the fact that I have access. Yes indeed, to things like this:




Now, if you can name the movie this is from (and understand that I have no clue and will probably have to check to see if you are right....or go with general consensus) I'll send you a little prize. Seriously, a LITTLE prize. I'm not nice enough to send bits of my stash out (like Chris) every week. If more than one person gets it, I'll choose a winner is some strange random fashion.

In other movie news...from your recommendations...I watched Love Actually and thought it was a really sweet movie. I might even buy it....it seems like a good one to own on dreary days. I also watched The Squid and the Whale...and well....eh...didn't hate it, but I'd never watch it again. The characters are very real, very honest, but it just didn't really grab me. I think the guy had too many qualities like my ex....or at least that same kind of 'if you don't love me, then you just don't get how deep I am" kind of thing. Bleh! I had the same problem with Sideways....Absolutely hated it because it was like sitting in a room watching my ex and his best friend. Made me want to barf...even if it was "good".

(Edited....tried to improve the picture....)

11 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

I can't wait to see what movie this pic is from because I am totally stumped.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Whoa, I have NO IDEA. Very weird picture, tho!

Heh, I don't send out bits of my stash EVERY week. ;)

9:33 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Love Actually is one of my absolute favorite movies. As for the picture, I have no clue as to what movie it might be from.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

I can't get over how strange that picture is. What is that chick doing? Inflating the coat? Spray painting the spots?

11:56 AM  
Blogger V said...

Lol...well...since i can look at the picture REALLY closely I'll try to give some hints...though I certainly haven't figured out the movie yet.

The chic on the left defintely seems to be Kirstie Alley...and she is hold spray paint cans. I'm not sure who the chic on the right is....but this may just be my lack of celebrity knowledge.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm like you with respect to the entertainment industry cluelessness, V -- so I have no clue about the movie. When I first saw it was a B&W photo, I thought it might be an older movie, but then I noticed it was Kirstie. Don't recognize the chick on the right. But it must be some anti-fur scene or something?

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah! I know this one... I almost have it...

Yeah, nothing. It's killing me!

BTW, you were so right on about "Sideways" and your ex and his stupid friend. It was downright creepy...

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, my guess is Sibling Rivalry.

just a guess.

7:01 AM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Okay, I don't know but I'm going to guess Blind Date? Wasn't that a bad 80s movie with Kirstie Alley?

And I think she's spray painting that woman's boobs in the picture. Totally weird!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Shel said...

I have no idea!! For Richer or Poorer? Madhouse? Maybe Mel is right and it's Sibling Rivalry. No idea!! Kirstie Alley did a ton of movies, most of them I've never seen....

I can't wait to find out what movie this is!!

9:43 AM  
Blogger V said...

Oh man! I was sure you would know SO! ACK!
Well...I can't really tell if it's any of your suggestions from previews (of course I was judging mainly on her hair) so....
I'll change this week's competition....

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home