Friday, March 31, 2006

Thing-a-long update, and random Friday

1. It looks like I've got a couple of people all ready to Thing-a-long....there must be more of you, right? I'm very excited. Don't ask what that says about me. So, here's what I'm thinking, since we just had Happy Spring Equinox, maybe it could be a Spring-Thing-A-Long, ending on June 21st....the Summer Solstice. You can join anytime, make anything, and the only rule is that you try to post a picture of your thing once a week....so we can see the progress. Sound ok?

2. It was about 70 degress here yesterday. I was so happy I cleaned my car for the first time in like a year. Ahhh...spring!

3. Little A lost another tooth. This is the third, with a 4th hanging on by a strand. After the traumatic first loss, the second went fairly smoothly, even though it was MIA for a while. Then yesterday, number 3 fell out while she was having a peanut butter sandwich. It bled a little, which cause near hyperventilation, and then the tears. This time, as it was her 2nd top middle tooth, she thought that the loss would render her completely unable to bite or eat. She calmed down eventually, but certainly not due to my reasoning with her, "It hasn't been helping you bite for the past few days anyway....it was too loose....The other's are growing in really fast (liar mommy)..." It was due to the fact that at some moment, we both realized that she had finished eating her sandwich in between sobs, and luckily this proved to her that her mouth had not been irreparably broken with this loss.

4. I slept with my window open last night...and woke up feeling oddly rested. I love spring.

5. I just got the books Folk Socks. This is bad. Bad like dope to a junkie, man.

6. Spring has made me insane. Little A and I could be seen last night at our neighborhood park, talking to the buds on the trees. "Hello little buds! Welcome back!!!" I'd like to tell you that Little A initiated it....but......

7. I'm very happy that's it's spring. Did you happen to get that?

8. Guest blogger tomorrow, so stay tuned! For once, there will be something good here on the weekend! :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, sleeping with the windows open... we're not there yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Hoop and I are so ready for Spring that we're determined to do yard work on Sunday, come sun or cold. I have a feeling we're going to freeze our butts off. :)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Shel said...

Guest blogger?? WHO??

I can NOT sleep with my window open, not ever. I don't like the outdoor noise! I have to sleep with a fan on (pointing away from me) all year long just to block out the quietness of the house and the road noise and nature! lol.

I wish I could enjoy it, I enjoy it during the day though!!

3:06 PM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Hey, I found you through the blog exchange, and I'm loving your site! I love that bag! I haven't tried felting anything yet but I may just build up my courage and get on that.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I'm starting to notice that we West Coasters are really missing out on this whole "Yay it's Spring" thing!

Then again, we don't even HAVE seasons.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I was thinking about you this weekend, because I started knitting for the first time. Ever! Now I've done the casting part and two circles (it's a hat). My fingers are bleeding. Last night at 11 o'clock I found myself standing in front of the dishwasher, knitting for 15 minutes. Call it for what it is: an addiction.

The pattern said something about "put in a marker - join the something-or-other", only the spacing wasn't quite right on the instruction paper, so I spent half the day on the internet trying to figure out what a "marker-join" was. Good times...

6:36 PM  
Blogger V said...

Ahhhh...yes....good times. But you CAN pretty much find ANYTHING on the internet. :)

10:57 AM  
Blogger The Silent K said...

Ok, I just read this about posting a picture once a week on your site for the thingalong. Hee hee. Since my thing is small they might be some pretty boring pictures- but I'll oblige. Also, my thing might not take me that long to make, so I might only post about it a couple of times. Then again, since I am making it with no freaking pattern, who knows. It could involve a lot of knitting and unknitting to get it right.

6:57 AM  
Blogger V said...

Yeah....well whatever you do is ok. I had to make one rule, right? Lol. I just like to see the progression...I think its cool-o.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey V,

I haven't started yet. I haven't decided on a thing yet, but I haven't forgotten. I'll keep you posted.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home