Thursday, January 26, 2006

There will be pictures

But still no knitting pictures. It's not that I haven't been knitting (God forbid), it's that I've been too much of a lame-o to take pictures. And I haven't been so Chatterly Knitterly lately because I've got several patterns out there....being looked at and EVALUATED. So, I like to forget and pretend that all of that is not going on. Evaluation is one big bad buzz-kill. So, I'm just knitting my little fingers into arthritis and hoping that someone will get back to me before my head bursts into flames of anxiety. To that end, I joined the Knitting Olympics! (Hosted by the YarnHarlot of course). A proud member of













I plan on knitting a Hoodie over the 16 days. It's still in my head. It seems basic but I can never find a pattern that is just right. Picky freak. So, I'm making it up. Wish me luck in not royally screwing up the whole thing! I will post photo progress during the whole thing. Feel free to laugh when I knit two left fronts, instead of a right and a left. But do it behind your monitor ok? I don't need to be distracted by heckling!

11 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Seeing as Knitting is a skill I have yet to manage, I will not laugh.

But I will refer to you as the "Bonnie Blair" of knitting

11:22 AM  
Blogger Shel said...

Knitting Olympics! How cute. Good luck!!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Are you doing one of those hoodies that zips up the back??? I love those. I covet those! I have yet to take up knitting, but when I do, it's going to be zip-in-back-hoodies 24-7.

and thanks for the advice on my sleeping issue - we did a similar thing with my daughter, but little guy is only 8 months, so it probably won't work for a while ;(

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and Chris at stumblingoverchaos.blogspot.com amaze me with your ability to weave textiles into something fabulous. I want to learn and I keep saying I will start when I get pregnant. I'm beginning to think I should just start now then by the time I actually HAVE a baby, they will have a full knitted wardrobe.
Good luck in the olympics. I hope you get the gold!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you bring home the gold!

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Thrill of Knittery...
the Agony of Carpal Tunnel!

Does coffee count as a performance-enhancing drug? I'd hate for you to lose your medal if you fail the blood test...

Knock 'em dead, Champ!

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL roo. Nice one. I can just see the crazy knitter getting her yarn ball tangled and needles broken. YIKES. I still need to sew together my first sweater coat for my daughter. I've been putting it off because I skkerrdddd... (the sleeves to bodice freak me out). I'm not worried since it won't fit her for another 3 years.

7:40 AM  
Blogger V said...

Never fear! I beleive in the official rules...Coffee, alcohol, and chocolate are ENCOURAGED in any quantity. (That would mean MAXIMUM quantity for me!)
Mignon...I need a picture? I keep visualizing a straight jacket. A cozy, cabled straight jacket.

The sweater I'm making is just a ribbed hooded cardigan. Basically its the sweater that I want to wear around my house everyday to convince me that conserving heat is a good thing. I really should knit a swatch....and try to get the numbers into my head. But I like to live on the edge. ;)

8:21 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

A hoodie! You go girl!

Your Olympics button is super cool. :)

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would never mock either, because I cannot knit to save my life. So I'll be cheering you on from afar and with much admiration.

Go for the gold!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im starting to consider putting my right pinky in a splint. see...it curlson its own and its strange, when i knit. And it starts to HURT BAD...and yet I can't manage to keep it extended...i think the muscles are growing...and now i have BIG PINKY. gross.

knitters cramp?

im so addicted.

think im finally getting comfortable with my purl.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home