Monday, January 09, 2006

Love Letters...

I was just over reading at Mom, Ma'am, Me and she reminded me of a special little letter that Little A once gave me. She was about 2 and 1/2 and she could write certain letters...and draw a pretty damn good heart. So one evening, she swiped (paper theft is one of her primary fortes) a piece of paper and an envelope off of my desk and disappeared into her room. She came out a little while later frustrated that she couldn't quite stuff the paper inside the envelope, no matter how tiny of a ball she crumpled it into. I helped her fold it up and put it in the envelope and then handed it back.
Little A proceeded to seal the envelope. She licked the gluey part. She licked the entire back of the envelope. Then she licked the entire front of the envelope. Then she closed it and licked the whole thing one more time for good measure.
Then she handed me a sopping drooly envelope with a big grin. The envelope was so wet it was nearly disintegrating in my fingers, but I managed to free the letter inside. Unfortunately, the licking had smudged the letter.
But fear not...I had taken a peak, pre-licking. It said MOM, (heart), WOW. Those were her good letters then. It was the wettest and one of the sweetest love letters that I ever got.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is soooo sweet! I never get tired of Big-A writing letters for me -- even when I have to spell all the words for her!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

That's adorable. Soppy wet letters with hearts are the best! ;)

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hoped you saved it. I try to save the sweet ones - once they've dried , of course.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never noticed that MOM upside down is WOW. That is so true in a lot of ways, is it not?
What a sweet story.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You see - now these are the images that make me think perhaps reproduction is a good idea for me. People with adorable children should offer a seminar or something, so that the childless (and monster-fearing) masses can learn how to have cuties like yours.

Adorable!!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww. Drooly sweetness gets me every time. Wow.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little E-Grrrl is eight and still leaves me love notes--and I still swoon with joy over them.

7:37 AM  
Blogger V said...

Hee! Yup....she's pretty darn great! And I hope that everyone gets at least one drooly love letter in their life. It's sopping great!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

It's amazing how sweet little girls can be, until they turn into raging, hormonal freaks who hate the very air you breathe. And then they go and do something like I did (see my most recent post) and make you cringe in horror. But, she sounds adorable!!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
american airlines flights Boeing 737 500 continental airlines Pics of seats first class seats british airways search engine optimization company

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home