Monday, January 16, 2006

Was it the full moon?

I had quite the dream the other night.
Little A and I were attending a college reunion (mine, not hers). As we walked around the restaurant that bore an uncanny resemblance to what Hooters is in my mind, I felt endlessly uncomfortable. I searched for people who actually would know me, and found a few scant ones who pretended to out of courtesy.
After a little too much uncomfortable mingling we decided to get something from the buffet. I parked Little A at a table with some people who I pretended to know, sat down for a minute and talked with the people about my pregnancy. In fact, I was starting to go into labor right then. I asked one of the other girls if she could take over for me (the labor that is) while I went to fetch Little A some food. I weaved my way in and out of the crowd and it took me forever to reach the buffet and just as I did, Little A came running up to me telling me that the baby had been born. We rushed back through the crowd and back to the table. Everyone at the table looked a little uncomfortable and the girl who had taken over the labor, handed me a plate and said, "Here she is," apprehensively.
I looked down at the plate full of lettuce and was happy for a moment, until I realized that I couldn't see the head. I set the plate on the table and rifled through my lettuce baby pile looking for the head.
THERE WAS NO HEAD. I was mortified. My baby had no head.

Even though she was made of a head of lettuce?
Go figure....Stupid acid dream creepin' me out first thing on a Saturday morning.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A headless baby on a plate of lettuce?

Too freaky, Grrrl. We won't even speculate about what that might mean.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreams can be so freaky. I always try to interpret mine, but they're too complex to even know where to start... I love that the restaurant was like Hooters and you were able to hand over your labor to someone else. Would that we all could do that! Though I guess the headless baby is not so appealing. ;-)

5:17 PM  
Blogger V said...

Yeah...passing off the labor...it wasn't without its good points!
I keep wondering if my baby was made of lettuce because I'm a vegetarian??? Taking that veg thing a LITTLE too far, don't you think?

9:31 AM  
Blogger Shel said...

OMFG, thanks V, I needed a good laugh today!! :-D

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home