Monday, September 26, 2005

Knitting Kitties

I finished a little kitty for Little A. I made it with a yucky gray remnant and 2 strands of the Target Fun Furr. It came out SO cute. I was such a terd about it though. I had fully intended on saving it for Christmas, but then on Friday, as she was playing with the white kitty I gave her for her birthday, she asked me if I would make her a gray kitty, to be a momma cat to her little white one. How could I resist? I pulled it out just for the shock. She gasped, loved it, and carried it around the rest of the weekend. Boy, somedays it is super-gratifying to be a mommy-knitter.
I also came close to finishing my niece's puppy. I just hope 8 isn't too old for such a gift?
Worked on Brother D's (this makes him sound SO much cooler than he is!) socks and a little on my pinup queen.
The starting-new-things bug is biting me arse again though. And its all I can do to restrain myself from starting fingerless gloves (for me) and my nephew's chess board (though ( haven't worked it out completely yet). Too many projects to finish though. And that means I'm done typing for now!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're knitting a chess board?

12:25 AM  
Blogger V said...

But of course. Foldable....hopefully with a little pouch to keep the pieces. But I haven't got a pattern, so that's why I haven't quite worked it out in my head yet!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Shel said...

8 is not too young for a knitted puppy. K is 10 and she would still love a gift like that!! You're awesome!! lol.

10:21 AM  
Blogger V said...

Yeah, N thought she might be too old too, but I think girl's stay sttached to their stuffed animals for a while. I had a pile on my bed until I was like 16! And even after that, I still have my select favorites. :)

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Can you knit me a car?

9:42 PM  
Blogger V said...

I'll get working on it! ;)

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home