Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Princess v. President

On Saturday morning, Little A and I went out for some pancakes. While we were waiting and I was downing coffee by the bucket, Little A asked me, "Who's our princess?" I had no idea what she meant, but after a little more proding, learned that she was asking about the royalty of our country. I briefly and gently (so as to not dissappoint her) tried to explain that we don't really have royalty, we elect and so we have a preseident and senators and yada-yada-yada. She looked at me and replied, "Well, I'd rather have a princess. I think we should have a princess instead of a president."
Normally I would just chuckle off the cute kid-ism, but these days its hard to not see the wisdom in such a desire. So I told her that maybe she should start a movement. And right now, I'd jump on the band-wagon with all my might. I spoke to Roo last night and told her this little tale, and she, too, was all aboard. So it seems we have a movement. Watch out Mr. Bush. You thought you had it rough with pacifists! Wait until the princess movement hits you!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I believed we discussed the optimal casting of Drew Barrymore in the role. After all, she is the heir to two proud lines of American theatrical families, the Drews and the Barrymores (A line that features its share of kick-ass strong women). She runs her own production company, thus proving her skill at handling people and resources. She has emerged triumphant from the troubled life of a child star. And she's cute as a button. Men and women alike want to give Drew Barrymore a squeeze. Most importantly, according to little A, Drew, as featured in the film "Ever After", is the *real* Cinderella...

Drew Barrymore for Princess!

12:10 AM  
Blogger V said...

Heehee! But of course! I started to write out the details of Drew, but I just couldn't put it as succinctly. I do beleive you should email her and apply to be her campaign manager!

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on, Princess Power!

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home