Monday, February 27, 2006

Olympic Completion and Confession

Here it is, chillin' with the winner of the 50K Cross Country while a cute little girl is singing the Italian national anthem:


And with the skating flamers:

And break for commercial:



Yes, it's done. I finished it at precisely 5:49 last night. I'm wearing it right now and it is quite comfortable and warm.

But I do have a confession to make. Though you can't see it, my hoodie has no hood. I knit a hood. A gigantic gray hood that would've suited a beach ball quite well, and in knitting that hood that looked to be almost the same size as the rest of the sweater, I realized that I never wear the hoods on my hoodies, even when they are for normal heads. I have a smallish head. Most hats are too big for me, so the gargantuan gray hood just wasn't going to cut it. And so, I decided to make a simple rolled collar instead. I went back to my primary motivation for wanting this sweater, which was to keep me warm on days like today when the cold breaks right through the walls, and I went with that. Maybe it was a cop-out, I dunno, but if you had seen that gray hood, you would've developed a deep disdain for useless hoods as well. My hoodless hoodie has come to terms with its altered self and feels complete (and warm and soft by the way).

PS. I also suck as putting in zippers.

13 Comments:

Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

It came out very nice! I'm with you on the hoods...Useless indoors, and a real pain to put a winter coat over the top of when you venture outside! Putting a hood on a sweater makes sense only during that one week every spring and fall where it's cold enough for the sweater, but too warm for the winter coat!

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Applause! A beautiful rich color. My favorite. Enjoy.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

YAY! Congrats on finishing the hoodless hoodie. What a lush color!

1:46 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

*Clapping* It's great!! Who needs hoods, anyway? LOL!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Hoods blow off anyway - and it HAS been ripping cold in our neck o the woods.

It looks fabulous!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Nice!
*snort* "flaming skaters" ;)

And is there supposed to be something wrong with the zipper? I think the black looks killer.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you changed your program at the last minute, changed that triple to a double, but the artistry! The prowess!

You've knit your way to a Gold! Take your victory lap!

11:04 PM  
Blogger V said...

Thank you! :) I can't say it's my finest moment, but it's pretty damn good! And just too comfy for me to care!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So THAT'S the infamous huge ass Flat screen.


Oh, and your non-hoodied hoodie is nice too!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that TV is freakin' ginormous.

For some reason, I didn't put it together last time that that was your TV and not some strange series of posters.

11:15 PM  
Blogger V said...

Yes, it is quite the mother of all God-boxes. Now I'm all warped and I think NORMAL TV's look small. Stupid god-box!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the love!

thank god.

good job.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

LOVE IT!!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home