Thursday, February 16, 2006

Enraged and asking the interweb

Ok, so I may have finally found a place to complain about Dr. Evil in the last post. They say that the complaint may be on any of the following grounds. I took out the ones that are clearly not so....

1. Commitment of an offense against any provision of the laws of the Commonwealth relating to the practice of medicine, or any rule or regulation adopted thereunder. - Who knows?

2. Conduct which places into question the physician's competence to practice medicine, including but not limited to gross misconduct in the practice of medicine, or practicing medicine fraudulently, or beyond its authorized scope, or with gross incompetence, or with gross negligence on a particular occasion or negligence on repeated occasions. - I'm thinking that this is the one, yes? This is where I need your advice....I would consider bad parenting advice way beyond the "authorized scope" not to mention the whole "gross misconduct" thing....does that seem right? And not like I'm just acting pissed, but having a legitimate complaint? I know, right now, to someone....my repeated cursing probably calls me into question so I'm trying to find what can legitimately be done.

3. Being insane.- Dude, seriously...this is on here. I wonder how many people file claims about their insane doctor?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well she certainly fits the bill doesn't she? How does someone like that become a doctor at all and even less so a pediatrician.

I'm so sorry you had to experience someone so heinous who is supposed to be caring and helpful. I wouldn't even let her near my dog.

11:38 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

I think you've got her on Misconduct. Too bad there's no Acting Like An Ignorant Asshole Category.

11:46 AM  
Blogger V said...

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
I'll still have to look into it more. I'd like to just write a letter, yuh know? I don't want it to turn into some crazy court something. Yuh know?

Nope, she shouldn't even be a vet.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Arrrgh! Your story broke my heart and enraged me, too. I assume you've already checked out http://www.massmedboard.org/ and followed their complaint procedures? Even if what she did doesn't rise to the level of medical malpractice, a well-written complaint, formally lodged with the medical board of your state, (and sending a copy to her) might spur an investigation and could lead to 1) shame and embarrassment of Dr. Evil; and 2) higher medical insurance premiums for having complaints against her.

And who knows, maybe she will behave herself around children in the future. I'm happy to review any drafts if you want (that's kind of my sick thing) but if you really want to sue her or something, I'd check with a lawyer in your state as most states have strict administrative hoops, deadlines, etc. regarding medical malpractice (the medical lobby is powerful . . . )

but if you want to just make her aware of the pain you have caused your family and maybe deter future similar conduct, a well-written complaint to the board might do the trick. . .

PS on the medical board's site, look at the regulations, then look at "disruptive physician conduct" -- sort of a gold mine that you can extensively quote in your complaint (and that fits in with violating regulations) Good luck!

3:53 PM  
Blogger V said...

Oh thanks Jayne! That's exactly what I want to do....just have somebody "SHAME" her. I have NONONONONO desire to do something more legal than that, and the possibility of that would even prevent me from filing anything if it came down to it. No thank you. I don't need to dedicate my life to that!
The med board is where I got that list...but maybe i wasn't quite in the right place. I look again tomorrow. Thank you so much!!!

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still fuming...

11:33 PM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

V, I'm just aghast. I'm ready to come beat the sh!t out of that doctor.

I'd like to think I would have just walked out. But I'm glad that you stayed and gathered evidence. I completely agree with Jayne about filing a formal complaint - please update!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I am all for writing down your expereince and mailing it in. Even if it doesn't rise to the standard - it may join a list of others that will - in a group - rise to the standard.

Professionally, it was not acceptable for her to behave in that manner.

And, I would love to see the letters about the insane doctors.

2:06 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I just commented below...but I do think you've got grounds on misconduct.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home