Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tryyyyying....

To get back to blogging. Dang. The only things I'm more behind in are email and bloglines. I believe I have been a shitty communicator the past couple of months. And now I've got one whole hour to try to catch up. ONE WHOLE HOUR. Wow....that should get one blog post and my bloglines down to about 2300. Doh! It doesn't help that Little A is always trying to get on my computer as much as I am lately. Those darn webkinz.


So anywho, what brings a blog back to life better then a contest? (Besides frequent posting I mean.) So, remember this cute, cute hat:


Yup, I put the pdf up on etsy and I still love this hat so dearly that I'm dreaming of seeing it sprout up on lots of little ones on other's blogs. So, I'm gonna give away 1 kit for this hat, and 2 patterns. Here's the deal. Little A bought me a Webkinz so that we could virtually communicate because who wants to ACTUALLY talk to their mother when they can send messages. (I'm still wondering if she's catching on that her birthday could be all virtual gifts this way....) So, guess what I named my Webkinz (And I do realize that this could possibly be the lamest contest ever, but cut me some slack ok). If someone guesses the actual name, they get the kit. Otherwise, I'll randomly select the winners from everyone who enters...one guess per person. The patterns will be emailed in a pdf file. The kit will be snail mailed since its still a little challenging for me to figure how to email yarn. Knitters....have you figure this out in my absence? The contest ends Thursday at 9:00pm EST. Please post your guesses as a comment to this post. Ok? Did I remember everything for bloggy contests? Probably not. I'm so out of practice!


In other news....the store is going pretty good. The best part is that I've got rockin' peeps who hang out with me a lot and are so helpful and supportive. I love knitters. Its such a totally different atmosphere from my previous hellish job. I mean, I would just as soon be at the store than at home. It's just....nice.


I've got a ton of FO's to post....knitting my little fingers off you know. A lot of them are store samples, but I still have lots going that are just for my own insanity.
Ok, well....I've only got 40 minutes left to knock off some of those bloglines. So, I'll sign off! Enter my contest! :)

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

OK, seriously...We need a hint! No hint? OK. I'll go with "George" then. I'm glad to hear the store is going well.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Damn, that's a good guess, Jeanne. Um........ Jack Bauer.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wait, wait - Dumbledore!

6:58 PM  
Blogger knitnzu said...

No idea, little V? Welcome back!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Hey you, how about Tweety? Make sure I don't win. I just wanted to post since you accuse me of never posting. I have now posted on two consecutive posts. I just wanted to point that out. :>)

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I can't knit well enough yet to try and enter the contest, but that is one of my favorite hats of all time. :-)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

Hey there! My youngest has a Webkinz account and I'm constantly having to arm wrestle her for my computer. That hat is so darned adorable. Hope the store is going well. I have no idea about the name, but since you already have Little A maybe your Webkinz is Little W.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Hello, came over here by way of Chris- I'll guess you named your webkin purl- cuz you knit. Seriously cute hat!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

Lol, hmm..no hints as to what type of snimal/creature it is? Well, then how about Bob , or Fluffy! (you know those typical animal type names) Love the hat!

10:40 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Wow, that's an open field.

How about Harry?

2:18 PM  
Blogger Kenyetta said...

I came over from Chris's.
I will guess Lily? I don't that's hard.
Such an adorable hat!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home