Friday, February 16, 2007

Random Friday

Wow, am I behind in blogging. Writing and reading. And even though my one thought as I went to sleep last night was "Don't forget the camera", I forgot it! I've had a great FO sitting un-pictured for two weeks now! ARGH! So instead of FOF, I present you with 10 stupid and/or random things from my week:

1. I'm still a little sick. Not crazy sick. Just coughing/congested enough to be constantly annoying. Everyone I know is also sick.

2. I'm sure #1 would not be so if I could get some normal sleep for a few nights.

3. My Thursday class is kicking my arse.

4. In talking with some folks on Valentine's Day, specifically men who claimed to LOVE Valentine's Day, I realized that Valentine's to men? Is really Guaranteed Sex Day. I further mortified said men by claiming that sleep....a good long cozy sleep is better than sex. L and I concluded that we would take Fall Back over Valentine's Day ANYtime, just for that one extra hour of blissful sleep. Fall Back is now a full-fledged holiday in our minds.

5. I got to "work" from home 2 days this week. Sweet!

6. I got to take out all my aggression on the solid ice encasing my car yesterday morning. (I believe my neighbors are concluding that I have some anger issues...especially since most of them have also seen me take a hammer to the washer and dryer coin slot more than once this week.)

7. My house is a mess and I need to change the kitty litter. Ick.

8. My sister is visiting this weekend and will probably arrive at my house even before I get home from work. No spastic last minute tidy for me.

9. I need new clothes.

10. Did you guys hear the "B Flat" story on NPR this morning? Very funny. Maybe the funniest thing I've ever heard on NPR. (Oh except for the day after the State of the Union, when a woman calling in remarked that it was nice to see a woman sitting behind the president...."With a hammer" slips in the host...Ira Flato maybe? Too funny. Did I say that out loud?) I tried to link to the B Flat thing, but I can't find it!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Must track down B Flat... :)

Fall Back works for me as a national holiday!! Maybe we could just keep falling back and skip springing forward...

Virtually everyone I know is sick, too. "Plague House" welcome mats for everyone!

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, your theory on #4 makes a lot of sense. No wonder my hubby does like V-day -- he's pretty sure he's going to get laid. But I would have preferred the sleep myself...

11:32 AM  
Blogger knitnzu said...

#3, what class? #4, well, didn't happen here. I don't think. It was sometime this last week! #5, I brought some work home too, for this afternoon. We'll see if I do it. But I'm out all next week, so there's time. #6, and if the coin slot doesn't return your change? Get a bigger hammer! When somebody's being an idiot, whack them upside the head w/ a 2x4, unless they are particularly dense, in which case you need a 4x4! #8 (out of order for a reason!) good for you!!! #7, let your sister do it. #9, LL Bean is having their 4x/yr warehouse sale in Waterville. Sometimes it is incredible, other times a bust. Thrift shops are my favorite "new" clothes places to shop. #10, didn't hear it, but it is the thing about the alligator? I found it by googling b flat npr. Your pkg shipped on Tues, you should have it soon! Feel better!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I never thought of "Fall Back" as a holiday before, but you are right. I wonder who we need to talk to to make it offical. Imagine Fall Back, followed by a day off. Bliss.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd care a lot more about those Hallmark holidays like Valentine's Day if there was a paid day off involved.

1:36 PM  
Blogger knitnzu said...

Hey, do you have google earth? ds and I were looking at countries to help decide who to give the kiva gift donation to, and I wondered, who do I know that I don't know what it looks like where they live. Kinda creepy, that somebody could do that, huh? Then I google earthed myself, and saw that the marker was off by a couple of houses. If you have it, try it, you can see where we take the doggies behind the cemetary!

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home