Friday, March 10, 2006

One of THOSE weeks.

I hear that's it's been one of those weeks for a lot of folks, in the blogosphere and out. And I have a miraculous remedy for just such a thing.

We've all seen Chocolat, right? And wiped the drool from our chins when Juliette Binoche pours the hot chocolate into the cup, right? And then tried to satisfy ourselves with some piss poor powdered "hot chocolate"? If you answered yes to all of these questions (you get a bonus point for the aforementioned week), you need this. (I'm guessing even is you didn't answer yes to those questions, you could use a dose of this.)

Take about 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate chips (Ghiradelli makes NICE ones) and throw them into a small saucepan. Add about 2 TBSPs of milk chocolate chips. Add enough half and half to just cover the chips. Melt slowly while whisking constantly. When it's all uniformly delicious, stir in a pinch of chili powder. Top with a little whipped cream, if you're into that (who isn't into THAT?).

And finally know what they mean when they say that chocolate produces the same chemicals as an orgasm.

Seriously. Try it.


And (I forgot, sorry!) since I was finally able to give Roo her Christmas gift, I can finally show it here:

And the rest:

If your wondering what the hell it is, it's a spiral scarf. And it looked fabulous on her! :)

15 Comments:

Blogger V said...

Oh, this is probably more like 2 servings. Not that you COULDN'T drink it all...but it's rich, so it's probably two.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Mmmmmm.... chocolate.... I just remembered I have a big block of Mexican chocolate in my cupboard. Thanks for the recipe - it was reminiscent of Like Water for Chocolate! What yarn is the spiral scarf made from?

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I get to sleep with Johnny Depp after drinking the hot chocolate? Just asking!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I had a HELL of a week. Like people with 2 year old issues with me wanted to talk it all out NOW, this MINUTE!

French Hot Chocolate. Worth moving to France for, or that may be why Johnny Depp Did...

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um...yeah...don't get me wrong, the chocolate sounds great, but 'twas definitely Johnny who had my grasping for a towel to wipe the drool away...

Yumm-my.

Oh, and I'll let you know about the French hot chocolate thing!! ;)

5:45 AM  
Blogger Sugarmama said...

HALF-AND-HALF?! Whoa. I've recently discovered something called "drinking chocolate" made by Schokinag, but this sounds even more decadent.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neeed... chocolate... to... drink. YUM.

Love the scarf. I can bet it looked gorgeous on our dear Roo.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Mmmmmm...must try the chocolate drink...
I like the scarf!

8:21 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I love the scarf!! LOVE it!

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf is fabulous. I love it! V is the awesomest.

2:12 AM  
Blogger V said...

Tis true....Johnny was a fine tasty dish in the movie, but sadly, I havn't figured out the recipe for him yet. Maybe a little more....thyme? and something smokey. Mmmmmmm!

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the scarf!

it kind of looks like those bright, neon colored, curly strings that were intended to replace shoestrings at one point. what ever happened to those?

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks so soft. What a lovely gift.
And thanks for the chocolate recipe. I can definitely use it.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Can I have one of each gift idea? Sounds and looks heavenly.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY YUM!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home