Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Debrief....get those freeking Christmas decorations down already!

Almost too late. I screamed "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and almost smashed into the CD changer as it flipped to a Christmas CD and I feel like rolling my eyes at the smallest mention of Christmas myself, but I owe pictures and so here they are.

This is the tooth, or the lack of tooth, that caused so much despair. That crooked one on the bottom is next....It's been ready to be yanked out for weeks. SOMEone doesn't wiggle it.

This is the dog that I ended up making for my nephew. It looks weird because he's hugging the bloody crap out of it. Always take the mom's advice. JMom SAID that he'd like it. I thought, "No way....he's too old to want a stuffed dog." I was wrong. She was right.

This is the sweater I made for M&B's new baby. I'm assuming they have baby and sweater now, so I figured I'd let you all see it. Hopefully I'll be getting word soon!

This is the cat, thinking that Christmas is just fucking fabulous:

Here he is, liking is a little more:

Here are L's feet. In L's socks. She loved them. And I knit my little fingers off that day to get them done in time!

Here's JWife's scarf:

It came out so good, I'll show it to you closer!

Here's a pile of Christmas socks, keeping the recipients warm. The left ones are JMom's, the middle are JDad's, and the right ones are my dad. There was a little last minute gift swapping after I found out that my dad really wanted some new slippers and when the big red slipper socks wouldn't felt small enough for JDad. It all worked out pretty well. My dad wore those crazy things the whole time we were visiting.

Here, is Roo's gift:









Yeah...I haven't seen her yet. Sorry. It's cool....and the picture is in queue, but you'll have to wait.

And last, and probably least, is the strangest ornament I saw this year:

It's a head. Don't be fooled into thinking there is a doll there. It's just a head with a ruffle. It was on JMom's tree and I looked to see if there was an arm or a leg surrounded by ruffle that I could show you, but there wasn't. Next year there will be! Mwaa-haa-haaaaa!

8 Comments:

Blogger V said...

Thanks!
Ummm...I'm almost done with a pair of socks for me....and that Noro bag. Lol...there's no stopping me. The other night N I was going to help N with something and he said, "No, no...finish you knitting first." And I just laughed. There's no FINISHING the knitting. Silly boy.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The knitting is beautiful (love that scarf) and the head is just way too weird.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awesome gifts. You are a serious talent.

OHMYGOD I hate dolls and hate dissembodied doll heads even more. Ick.

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(My comment is in the queue...)

3:59 AM  
Blogger V said...

Thanks! :) It was fun...stressful, but fun.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Shel said...

OMG, that doll head is just freaky!! Where did it come from?

I love the socks!! They look so nice and warm and cozy!!!

The baby sweater is sweet!!

9:48 AM  
Blogger V said...

I have NO idea where the head came from....or WHY she insist on nestling it in the branches. FREEK!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that scarf!!! After staring at my "Bracnhing Out Scarf" for months on end, it is refreshing to see a different lacey scarf. It's beautiful.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home