Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I've been saved!

By Roo. You can all head over and thank her from saving you from reading my clouded head drivel that's been resistant to cohere into a post. Her blog rocks, if you're not reading it, something is wrong with you. And so:

Four Things

Four Jobs I've Had:

1. Roy Rogers in Carmel, NY. I like to refer to this job as "Roy Rogers Program for Budding Vegetarians".

2. Camp cook at a christian camp in NY. Yup, a christian camp.

3. Music and sewing teacher at a vocational program for adults with disabilities. This job had its perks, but this was not one of them:
(Whilst mopping up a bathroom...uh...problem)
V: I'm really disturbed by the fact that my shoes are sticking to the floor.
Co-worker: I'm really disturbed that I didn't realize I had a hole in my shoe, and now my sock is soaked in....

4. Craft fair flunky. Trying to sell handmade patchwork items to people who only wanted to spend $1 per week. It was a hold-over job while Little A was a baby. And a completely unprofitable one.


Four Movies I Watch Over and Over:
(i.e. Chic flics for a rainy day of knitting)

1. Chocolat (Could Johnny Depp BE any yummier?)

2. Ever After

3. The Wedding Singer (Could I love Drew Barrymore ANYmore? Yup, nipples 'n all)

4. Amelie


Four Places I Have Lived:

1. Marmet, West Virginia (Go ahead, Google Satellite it and you too will see what a festering pit of chemical waste it is. Not to mention the kid named JJ who loved to craddle his shotgun lovingly in his arms on his front porch.)

2. Zanesville, OH, Oh how zaney!

3. A mice and bug infested cottage at a christian camp with no shower. Apparently Jesus was supposed to cleanse us? I must've missed that service....

4. In the Brandeis Castle, 5th floor. God, I had strong thighs that year.


Four TV Shows I Love:

1. Dharma and Greg

2. M*A*S*H (me too Roo!)

3. American Idol (Go ahead and laugh. I have no explanation for myself on that one.)

4. Molto Mario


Four Favorite Books:

1. The Chronicles of Narnia (am I allowed to count all 7 as one book?) by C.S. Lewis

2. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley (I'm always a sucker for a good King Arthur story...especially one where the women rule.)

3. Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins (The best Tom Robbins in my not so humble opinion.)

4. The Dark is Rising Series by Susan Cooper (Again a series, but uh...)


Four Places I Have Vacationed:

1. Ireland

2. Williamsburg, VA

3. Selkirk Shores State Park in Pulaski, NY

4. Madison, WI


Four (of the many, many) Websites I Read Every Day:

1. Roo

2. Stella

3. Tink

4. Yarnharlot


Four of my Favorite Foods:

1. fresh bread with butter

2. roasted asparagus

3. Malai Kofta from New Mother India

4. Cheese, yummy cheese


Four People I’m Tagging:

Please don't feel obligated...

1. Jayne

2. Mignon

3. SO

4. Lissa

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked as a kitchen aid at a christian camp. I washed dishes and swept floors three times a day for free. Those christian camps really know how to rope in the cheap/free labor.

And I have a little bit of a girl crush on Drew Barrymore too. She's so freaking adorable. Have you seen Never Been Kissed?

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hawkeye Pierce was my first great love. *sigh*

9:49 AM  
Blogger V said...

Yup TB...christian camps and universities! Yeah...I love Never Been Kissed too! But I don't own it...yet!

Lol Nancy....oh Hawkeye! My dad recorded every episode of MASH years ago...and I swiped many of the tapes! :)

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked Hawkeye's 1st roommate, "Trapper" (Wayne Rogers).

1:21 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I love The Wedding Singer. LOVE IT.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHHHH! I WANT NEW MOTHER INDIA! GIVE ME THE NEW MOTHER INDIA!

so good...

8:15 PM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

Love The Wedding Singer (own it) and Never Been Kissed. And Amelie.

Zanesville? When?

And I know I have driven through Marmet, as it is on the route I took to visit my old boyfriend at VMI. I had a friend who grew up in Scott Depot outside Charleston - are you familiar with it?

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. i totally suck for not playing.

WHAT A JERK I AM!

will do this...i will!!!

5:11 PM  
Blogger tangelled angel said...

I love all of those movies too, and the Narnia Books, and the Mists of Avalon....
Good choices!!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home