Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Picture Day: T-11 Days.

Disclaimer: Yes, I know that the 12 days of Christmas are supposed to start on Christmas, but for your picture day delight, I'm bastardizing the tradition.

Disclaimer #2: Forget #12. There's no time! And who really cares about the drummers drumming anyway?

On the T-11 11th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....weird wonky baby doll clothes.


My true love: played by my mother.
11th day of Christmas: played by Thanksgiving
These are homemade doll clothes from when I was a wee one. You don't see just a HINT of 70's in them, do you?? The ones on the left are CORDUROY!!!

On the T-10 10th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....a laundry machine the works (I hope!)


The 10th day of Christmas was brought to you by my landlord, who has not fixed our laundry machine for 3 weeks now and has forced me to wear the first socks that I ever knit. Yup, they're not only knit wrong, but I knit them from a striped sweater that I recycled, so they have all sorts of wonderful flaws.


On the T-9 9th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....a secret gift for baby....all completed.




But this hint is all you'll get.

On the T-8 8th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....a really retarded clown.

We went Christmas caroling at town hall last night, and Chistmas caroling in my town means there must be a retarded clown. Actually he was a great clown. Goofy enough that he was the LEAST scary clown I've ever seen. He was great and his only downfall was when he said, "These balloons keep popping because they were made in China." Poor clown. It was quite a flop and he tried to recover, but eventually just went back to making balloon aliens, animals and swords, a little more quietly than before.

On the T-7 7th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....a talk with santa and a purple poodle.

On the T-6 6th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....a Griffindor scarf.

Completed for the nephew. Double knit in pain with love. With a kitty litter paw.


On the T-5 5th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....the 5th....pair of socks.......


I lie. It's really the sixth pair of Christmas socks (but it didn't go with the song). And it's not a pair yet! It must be....by Monday when I see L.

On the T-4 4th Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....a pretty, pretty scarf:

For wifeJ. We'll pretend that she's getting a really nice gift because I think she rocks. Not really because I have a little fixation with lace scarves right now and I really want to keep it for myself.

On the T-3 3rd Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me.... a perfect little girl, all dressed up.

On the T-2 2nd Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....a double knit chess board.

That I desperately need to be done today. Not just for time. But for sanity. I do NOT like double knitting. It's dangerous to my health.

On the T-1 1st Day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....a hellish list that never shrinks:

Little A's Blankie (this is actually crochet, about 1/3 done...takes forever though)
L's socks (1 done, 1 to go)
JDad's slippers (1 and 1/2 done, 1/2 to go))
J2's socks slippers
MC's chessboard (3/4 done, but I'll post picture and pattern when it's done)
S's gloves (Gel candle making kit is sitting in reserve if I can't do these)
Roo's something (Roo reads here, I can't SAY, but it's 1/3 done, sort of. It may get frogged, i'm worried about too little yarn. Uh yeah...frogging it...starting over with new yarn. Roo may be the knitting victim of the year!)
T's Washclothes (got 1, still need 1)
B's baby something (Chosen, not yet started)
N's sister and family are visiting. I should suck up. We'll see. That's *5* more people.
N's cousin, wife, and their kid that live upstairs - I really should've added them to the list before, but....uh....I'm thinking wifeJ will get a pretty lace scarf (1/2 done), husbandP will get cookies (not knitted) and littleJ will get a toy. See that, my grand plan is already faltering....cookies...toys.....
Nephew's Hat - DONE!
Neice's Socks and Hat - DONE!
Brother's socks - DONE!
Dad's Socks - DONE!
J1's Griffindor scarf - DONE!
M&B's Baby thing - DONE!



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That touch of pink... Could it be? That project that's been years in the making, stored lovingly in a large Tupperware container? Or is it another rosy project, you knitting/crotcheting madwoman?

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I think it's weird that you and I had identical homemade doll clothes when we were little (that blue calico skirt in particular!)

10:31 AM  
Blogger V said...

For you my dear? You have not seen hide nor hair of it! Nope. Especially now that's it changing. Same concept....different (more) yarn!
The tupperware container is closed. Screw it. Someday it will have a life again.....

Oh! And! Woo-hoo! The doll skirt must be more proof for N that we're cousins! Heehee!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow v!!!! im impressed (as always!) Great work! I dont know how you do it? can you even feel your fingers anymore??!!!!

oh, and little a looks just adorable all dressed up! (well, she ALWAYS looks adorable!) :)

1:47 PM  
Blogger V said...

Thanks mel! It's fun....I only complain because its my nature....not because I dont like it!
Ok....off for more! Its serious cruch time after all!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BASTARDIZING. holy shit. wow I might just have to add that one to my vocabulary. can you define this for us feeble minded blog plebes???

love it.

12:17 PM  
Blogger V said...

But of course....always happy to oblige. :)
from allwords.com:
bastardize
verb

bastardized, bastardizing
1. To make something less genuine or pure.

Thesaurus: corrupt, debase, pervert, degrade, cheapen, adulterate, depreciate, devalue, vitiate.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home