Friday, September 30, 2005

Old two eyes, over there....

I went to Little A's open house at her school last night. It was fun, but only because she was so excited to show off all her work, classroom, etc... The teacher and students had made a small pile of work on each desk for parents' to get an idea what's been done, what's ahead, and whatnot. Among the pile was a small book entitled "I'm special because..." Inside the book were the classic fill in the blanks:
"I'm ______ years old."
"My favorite animal is ______."
"I have ______ hair."
"I have ______eyes."
You get the idea. Little A has filled out an amazing pile of these things throughout her short school career and so I almost wasn't paying much attention when I read "I have 2 eyes." I had a smirky double-take and then had to laugh. Her dad didn't catch on at first, until I told him, "I think they intended a COLOR, I'm not sure her two-eyes make her that distinct."
I just love the way kid's minds work. She's written a thousand times that her eyes are blue, but today, the thing that she really wants you to know, is that she has 2 of them!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mildred said...

I work with children, and they are often saying/doing things like this. It's so neat when we actually catch it, but too often we let it slip away. I'm glad you had the joy of seeing in her assignment the little things that make us all smile!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Shel said...

Awe, how freaking cute is that???

You have to share this story with the other girls V!!!!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two eyes? That's nothin'. My husband has four. :)

What a cutie! But can you tell her to stop growing up so fast?

12:42 AM  
Blogger V said...

Yeah Mildred, I know! She is just full of these little gems, and I'm so glad when I'm awake enough to see them!
Sooooo cute! She was such a gem yesterday. I think she was so thrilled to see you yesterday roo that it just put her in a beautiful, fun, cooperative mood for the rest of the day! :)

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home